Thread: Princ Of Persia With Gf Mx/mx 2 64mb

Poster
    I installed PoP and it just crashes as I start the game.I think it's becouse of my GF card.The minimum recommend card is GeForce 3 or above and I have a GeForce 2 MX/MX 400 64 MB.

Is there any way I can play the game without buying a new card ?

2. Games   -   #2
    Poster
    Originally posted by Dark Ride@28 February 2004 - 10:17
    I installed PoP and it just crashes as I start the game.I think it's becouse of my GF card.The minimum recommend card is GeForce 3 or above and I have a GeForce 2 MX/MX 400 64 MB.

Is there any way I can play the game without buying a new card ?
    Dude the gaem requires Pixel shader 2.0 compatibility and that is not present with ur graphix card. You need to go for the directX 9 compatible cards. Go for ne cards based on the nvidia fx5600 or 5900 based chipsets. Or if low on budget go for the 5200 ones. Likewise for ATI it is 9800 based ones if i m not mistaken. Hope this helps. Cheers. bye.
    <span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>Hope. It is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength, and your greatest weakness.
    </span></span></span>

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    If you&#39;re looking for a very cheap card to play with, try a GeForce Fx5200 (the game definitely works with an fx5200, thanks to Lamsey for that one )

If you&#39;ve got a bit more money and are looking for a vastly superior card, try a Radeon 9600 (or 9500) pro

The short answer is that you can&#39;t play the game with your current card though
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

4. Games   -   #4
    sorry dude, i agree with everyone here
    u reli need a new card, i recommend a radeon 9500 and above
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

5. Games   -   #5
    Lick My Lovepump
    The guy a few above said FX5600. This has dodgy DX9 support, so if your going for a midrange nVidia card go FX5700.

6. Games   -   #6
    i had the same problem.....say i got the radeon 9500 or above would my comp be able to play POP and other good games like KOTOR

Dell Dimension 8100 Pentium 4
    1.4 GHZ
    640 MB RAM
    (Radeon 9500)

edit:i checked Suprnova and there are so many games out there that arent even out. (Bad Boys 2 for example) What is it?