Thread: Slowly...adding...files...

Poster
    I've had a problem for the last few weeks with QCD Player (version 4.11). Whenever I mass-select a number of files, or run a playlist file, the player takes quite a long time to add the files in to be played. It usually takes about 2 seconds per file. During the time when files are being added, only the first track is playable. It's not a very big problem (especially when only loading an album or two), but when I add in 100 or so tracks, it can take up to 5 minutes
    Has anyone else had similar problems, or any advice on how to solve?
    I've re-installed the player a couple of times, no luck

Please don't recommend another player, I'm perfectly happy with QCD, thanks

Windows XP Home SP1
    512MB PC3500 RAM
    etc...
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    :helpsmile:

And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    bump

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    i have the same problem on older comps on my school (only with WMP).........

have you tried defragging your HDD??? it might speed up the searching process.........
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by Storm@3 March 2004 - 13:14
    i have the same problem on older comps on my school (only with WMP).........

have you tried defragging your HDD??? it might speed up the searching process.........
    All my HDDs have been defragged, tried loading files from each of them, no luck

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.