Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Windows Help

  1. #1
    ok what I want to know is what problems to expect if you run two versions of Windows. I want to run run Windows 98 and Windows xp. The is I want Windows 98 or me for running games that dont run properly in Windows xp mainly rollercoaster tyoon original any help will be appreciated. Thanks for all answer that are helpful.

  2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Delta B.C. Canada
    Posts
    10,816
    You could use the XP compatability program wizard for older games. But some people dual boot win98 and xp then choose at start up to try xp



    scroll down for ideas. http://www.webtechgeek.com/center-Frame-wi...k-Dual-Boot.htm

  3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    hmm...i've tried dual booting before and i dun find any prob

    u should first install win98 then followed by winxp.

    that way winxp can detect the existence of win98 hence can create the boot menu whenever u start ur comp


    nice link, peat moss
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

  4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    thanks for your help it gives me something to think about

  5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    13,671
    Originally posted by peat moss@28 February 2004 - 17:31
    You could use the XP compatability program wizard for older games. But some people dual boot win98 and xp then choose at start up to try xp



    scroll down for ideas. http://www.webtechgeek.com/center-Frame-wi...k-Dual-Boot.htm
    In relation to PeatMosss statement
    In xp right click on the shortcut of the program.exe or game,exe you want to play and clik
    "compatibiltiy" - make compatible with....98

  6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    i cant get the compatability program wizard with rollercoaster tycoon 1 (origanal) a game i do enjoy

  7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Delta B.C. Canada
    Posts
    10,816
    Originally posted by The_Hunter@29 February 2004 - 09:06
    i cant get the compatability program wizard with rollercoaster tycoon 1 (origanal) a game i do enjoy
    Hunter found this on a forum . QUOTE :
    I didnt have a problem with RCT running on XP pro. It was just when I installed the Corkscrew Follies/Loopy Landscapes expansion when I started getting errors at startup. I went to the properties of rct.exe and set compatibility mode to 98/ME. Now it seems to work fine. Other than that I cant offer any suggestions


    LINK http://www.jsihardware.com/forums/showthread.php?t=974

  8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Filesharinghelp.com
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    760
    Originally posted by gildan2020@28 February 2004 - 17:54
    u should first install win98 then followed by winxp.

    that way winxp can detect the existence of win98 hence can create the boot menu whenever u start ur comp
    You should, but it can be done the other way..... i have done it a few times, see this site for a tutorial

  9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    h1
    Guest
    Emulate Windows in VMWare.

  10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by haxor41789@1 March 2004 - 06:58
    Emulate Windows in VMWare.
    wat's VMWare?
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •