Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spyware In Flashget

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    I think this "spyware" is really adware. When one installs FG you're given option of adware or trialware version. If you choose adware version, you've installed adware on your system. If you choose trialware & register it legally or otherwise. Those "spyware" entries can be deleted no resulting problems to FG. So its not spyware imo but adware waiting to be choosen on installation.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Hello zapjb , you know that i'm using only freeware and full version.I installed shareware and added the serial, the spyware-adaware is still there.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    When you make the choice (to install as adware) once on any install (of Windows) those FG entries will always be there. So pays your $ or install your crack. Just delete those entries & FG will work anyways.
    My point is FG is NOT spyware. It's got adware bundled with it. Get rid of it. The program or the adware, your choice.
    Btw I'm using NetTransport for the last couple wks.
    Peace SH.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Sorry to repeat again zapjb , but FlashGet has a trojan inside .

{A5366673-E8CA-11D3-9CD9-0090271D075B}: Jccatch.dll - FlashGet
    That's a trojan caught by The Cleaner ! Like i said i installed SHAREWARE and then added the serial, so must be no reason that FlashGet install ad-aware or spyware on my pc, the shit is installed only if you choice to use it AD-AWARE ( FREE TO USE ) thing that i did not.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    My mistake SH. I misunderstood your install details.

Although it's freakin hard for me to believe FG would install a trojan. I wish RN was still around here. I almost feel like I'm defending es5. But I'm not, es5 is evil. A lot of folks believe it's a trojan. I still don't.

But I've been on to NetTransport for over a month now. On that freeware kick, you know SH. Right now I have 34 freeware programs installed & 8 cr*cked programs installed.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    RN where are you ? anyway if someone else want to see what is inside FlashGet can go here and see if the proggie is really a trojan or not.The file is Jccatch.dll

@zapjb

NetTransport i know is a clone of FlashGet but can download from odaycn, ttdown ?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    SH, my limited exp w/NT. Sometimes yes, sometimes no with those dl links from odaycn, ttdown. But sometimes I had to type the REFERRER
    www.fixdown.com or www.fixdown.net in NT. Don't know really that much. Very limited exp w/NT. But if I went back to FG. I'd probably go back to v1.4.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12