Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firewall Advice

littlestevee's Avatar Nankan King
    I am thinking about getting rid of my Mcaffee Firewall....

In your opinion which is the BEST firewall out there?

Thanks for your thoughts!
    Emule Plus 1.1a

MORE JELO FOR YOU
    Click Here

WICKED RELEASE Click Here

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I like zonealarm pro 4 tuff at first to set up try the free one then look for crack for zonealarm pro
    http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/comp...reeDownload.jsp

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    h1
    Sygate.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by haxor41789@29 February 2004 - 00:00
    Sygate.
    Haxor you'vd recomended before. Can I run two firewalls side by side? Would like to try, Zone alarm Pro is not really for nOObies .

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by peat moss+29 February 2004 - 02:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (peat moss @ 29 February 2004 - 02:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-haxor41789@29 February 2004 - 00:00
    Sygate.
    Haxor you&#39;vd recomended before. Can I run two firewalls side by side? Would like to try, Zone alarm Pro is not really for nOObies . [/b][/quote]
    Yes it will. I run a combo of ZoneAlarm pro & BlackIce
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Thanks I.am will try

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I don&#39;t think sygate and zone alarm work naturally together, but maybe with some configuration they will. I recently switched from sygate to zonealarm (because sygate kept refusing another computer access to the internet through my gateway computer), but somehow i forgot to uninstall sygate and when i rebooted, my computer would load windows then restart. Took me a while to figure out hte problem, I&#39;d made some hardware changes when i rebooted and i&#39;d forgotten sygate was still installed so it wasn&#39;t immediately obvious that sygate/zone alarm was the problem.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by ilw@29 February 2004 - 22:20
    I don&#39;t think sygate and zone alarm work naturally together, but maybe with some configuration they will. I recently switched from sygate to zonealarm (because sygate kept refusing another computer access to the internet through my gateway computer), but somehow i forgot to uninstall sygate and when i rebooted, my computer would load windows then restart. Took me a while to figure out hte problem, I&#39;d made some hardware changes when i rebooted and i&#39;d forgotten sygate was still installed so it wasn&#39;t immediately obvious that sygate/zone alarm was the problem.
    yeah...i tried that too but sygate and zonealarm just can&#39;t live together in the same comp

once i installed both...they won&#39;t recognise my network card anymore. the ip of my card is 10.0.0.2, but with these two firewalls...the ip became 0.0.0.0. i can&#39;t even go online as a result.
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    littlestevee, i used to use za pro, but after asking the same question here like you have, most of the replies i got were for sygate, so i switched to sygate which i have found slightly better. if you decide for za pro, you can d/l the free version of zone alarm and then upgrade and then PM me and i will give you a key if you need one

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    sygate is all u need n get symantec antivirus corp edition n if u update often, ur protected

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast