Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting A New Case

Poster
    Could anyone tell me basic information I need to know about purchasing a new computer case. I am going for one that is visually impresive and will proberly be getting it from www.ebuyer.com. Any feedback is greatly appreciated

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    A Chieftec Dragon series is a very nice case. Clear side pannel and looks very nice. I have one and it has plenty of room, screwless fan installation, and a drive door. I am very impressed with it.
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    I recently got myself a new case...

It has a bunch of chrome ornamentation on the front which looked really nice in the shop.
    The power and reset buttons are part of the decoration.
    Because of the unusual shape of the buttons, they can stick if you don't press them just right.
    The sticking occasionally causes the PC to power off halfway through boot up.

It's becoming a real pain. So watch out for this kind of thing if you go for a box with fancy looks.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    do i need brackets or screws to attach my motherboard and put my drivers in?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    BANNED
    I bought myself a new case last week too.

Its a lot darker in reality more navy blue,i'm happy thou it looks better.

The other thing it was supposed to have a side window. :rolleyes

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Originally posted by Marius24@1 March 2004 - 03:40
    do i need brackets or screws to attach my motherboard and put my drivers in?
    That gear should come with the case.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    This is my case, cept mines silver

I think you will REALLY like it. It comes with everything you need and screwless fan instalation, (for 80mm fans), which makes things so easy. It is also very sturdy and looks nice.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I would recommend that , if at all possible, you see the case in person before ordering on-line.
    Maybe cruise over to CompUSA and see what's in stock or something.

Many cases advertise mounting for "x" number of fans, but fail to provide the fans with access to any air. This is particularly true of the front intake fans. The combination of ridiculously designed, highly restrictive fan "grids" and the front bezel render these fans almost useless.

As uNz{i} pointed out, cheezy switches not only feel bad, but may not even work properly.

Some cases with "front USB ports" don't actually plug into the header on the motherboard...they go thru the case and just plug into the ports in your I/O panel in the rear. You end up with USB on the casefront, but none in the rear.

Do the sidepanels install easily, or, like my old Xaser, are they a bear to remove/replace?

Styling is obviously a very personal decision, but bear in mind that the glitzy colors and radical look that you just love today may strike you as tacky and unbearable in 3 months....

Having space for five optical drives might seem neat, but realistically speaking, hardly anyone actually uses even three. Same with multiple HDD bays. My experience has shown me that a large case is actually more difficult to cool properly than a smaller case, so think carefully about the size that you will really NEED, not the space you may/may not fill up (somehow) in the future...chances are , you won't...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    BANNED
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@29 February 2004 - 17:53
    This is my case, cept mines silver

I think you will REALLY like it. It comes with everything you need and screwless fan instalation, (for 80mm fans), which makes things so easy. It is also very sturdy and looks nice.
    Thats not bad mate ,its "almost" as nice as mine.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    The chieftec case gives plenty of air access to the front fans and has exhaust places in the back...i love it!

All you have to do is pull the handle on the side pannel, and it just pulls off like a door...SO easy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast