Originally posted by 4th gen+1 March 2004 - 00:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen &#064; 1 March 2004 - 00:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-shn@1 March 2004 - 04:55
Actually your just better off running Linux.&nbsp; No matter how much ram you have windows will eat all of it up anyway.&nbsp; No exceptions.

And once it&#39;s done hogging all your ram it will go to work on your processor.&nbsp; That&#39;s where the 100% cpu usage comes in at&nbsp;
How many times can you honestly say that whilst you&#39;ve been using Windows, it&#39;s taken up all your ram and CPU?[/b][/quote]
I am not the one that started the topic asking how to better my ram.

How many ram boosters do you see for Linux?

It is obviously a problem or else people would not be making pitiful attempts to put out programs that do so.

ram is not a problem for me. although some people are not as lucky.

And it is not about how much ram and cpu your o.s. is using. It is more the fact of how it handles itself when it&#39;s under heavy load as such. And windows does not handle itself very well unless your running one of it&#39;s server o.s.

I can set up a linux box as a "desktop" give it half the size of ram and processor in your "workstation" and I bet I still be able to run twice as many applications, torrents, and movies.

Linux is a multitasking o.s. bud.................yours is not.

And to answer your question:

Enough for me to switch