Thread: Comp-2-tv

Poster
    wut is dat cord called dat u can connect 4rm ur comp 2 ur TV and u can watch wuts on ur comp on ur tv?
    like those cords dats teachers use at schools

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    u r 1 lzy bstrd tht neds 2 b sht for ur hrrible engsh.

Honestly, when It takes a person ta full minute to comprehend what you type, it makes them that less willing to reply.

Anyway, I take it your talking about a VGA to RCA cable? it really depends, seeing as how some TV's can ahve the s video inputs, along with the graphics card, in which you will only need an S video to S video cable, and then there are video cards that have the Video RCA jack....... so then you could just get an RCA to RCA cable....

so as you can tell, you need to be more specific, and less illiterate.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    at my school teachers use lcd projectors hooked up via svideo cables and projected onto the wall. is that what you mean? if u mean on a real tv then john lennon is right be more specific. does ur card have svideo or rca output or just the regular monitor cable?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    if you have an expensive newer model tv, you'll prolly wanna look at a VGA-to-component or DVI-to-component transcoder. or a video card with DVI-out, if your TV supports that.

for a plain old-fashioned television, just get a video card with RCA composite or S-Video out... it'd be a waste of money to use expensive connections on a standard-definition tv 'cause it will display the PC's video at low resolution anyway.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    my vid card uses the s-video output, so i connect that to the tv, then run an audio from the output on the vid card to the tv's input..............piece of fudging cake.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    i have a Zenith t.v and its kinna new got it bout 4 months ago

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by h121589@1 March 2004 - 18:21
    i have a Zenith t.v and its kinna new got it bout 4 months ago
    what kind of inputs does the tv have? does it have svideo and rca and component? also what kind of output does your graphics card have? you can either find out from the manual or by looking at it on thte back of your computer. it will have one output which is the monitor cable and might have a second output which will probably be svideo or rca plugs. here are some pictures:

tell us which ones your video card has on it so that we can telll you which wires you need to buy to plug in your tv.