Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Help Me :(

Well my first post has to be a help question. I'm using Kazaa Resurection 2.4.9 (0.0.6), and I must say, my downloads go horedously slow. At the very most, I have seen movies go at 5kb/s with no more than 2 people connected. And music files at around 10kb/s with no more than 3 people connected. I have uninstalled this kazaa, used many other versions ans such but still, nothing. I have cable, and a pretty damn fast computer, but I cant figure this one out. Can someone please help me? :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile:

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    i assume that you have tried to d/l a few different files to see if its just not the files you want are slow, btw they will be slow if the ppl you are d/l from have slow connections, pick a file that has heaps of users to test d/l speed

maybe its a firewall issue , do you have one

what d/l speeds do you get if you d/l something from a web site eg kb/s

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    It's not because you have a fast computer that your downloads will go fast.
    It also depends on what kind of connection your sources have.They can only upload as fast as their isp lets them.So,if you want fast speeds,try jumping supernodes in order to find more(better)sources for your file.Also try to find as many sources as possible before you start downloading a file.This will give you better luck in starting a download with(good)sources.But al this still isn't a guarantee that you will have fast downloadspeeds...luck has a lot to do with it too.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    well, from websites, i can download anywhere from 200kb/s to up to 400 kb/s. I do have a firewall, both my norton one, and windows installed, but i have already tried turning them both off to see if it would work. I have also tried to download some movie files with 50 + participants on it, but when i start to download, the most connections i ever have is 2, and it goes slow as hell. any ideas?

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    Originally posted by stiffler101@1 March 2004 - 05:36
    well, from websites, i can download anywhere from 200kb/s to up to 400 kb/s. I do have a firewall, both my norton one, and windows installed, but i have already tried turning them both off to see if it would work. I have also tried to download some movie files with 50 + participants on it, but when i start to download, the most connections i ever have is 2, and it goes slow as hell. any ideas?
    yes you guys knew it was coming the second you saw this thread

your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon't be fooled by whatyou see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps

for more info his the sig

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    but the thing is even though my searches show more than 2 sourses everytime, it wont let me download more than 2. and I already remove the ip from dat files. should i just give up, and please, go easy on me for this one... i'm going nuts over here

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    boss you are not reading my posts at all. what did i underline for you?? B)

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    i did, but what are the odd's that for the last 2 months, this has been normal? even with common files, and such...

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    BANNED
    Originally posted by stiffler101@2 March 2004 - 02:01
    i did, but what are the odd's that for the last 2 months, this has been normal? even with common files, and such...
    its not a matter of odds boss.

are you in school or something like that?? tell me where you are and how you connect to the internet.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    I am at home, and connect with a 3MB connection through cable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast