Thread: Watch Svcd On Ps2?

Can u burn a movie in an svcd format of some sort so that you can watch it on a ps2?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    ps2 doesnt support vcd formats
    yeah.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    I know that ps2 doesnt support vcd formats. I was asking if there is any other way to get a movie to play on a ps2 in some other way?

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by CoryPenwell@1 March 2004 - 16:36
    I know that ps2 doesnt support vcd formats. I was asking if there is any other way to get a movie to play on a ps2 in some other way?
    you can stream it but you have to have a sony network adaptor and a program I can't recall off hand
    or instead of all the bullshit just buy a mod chip

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    cockboy's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by muchspl2+1 March 2004 - 23:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (muchspl2 @ 1 March 2004 - 23:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-CoryPenwell@1 March 2004 - 16:36
    you can stream it but you have to have a sony network adaptor and a program I can&#39;t recall off hand
    or instead of all the bullshit just buy a mod chip [/b][/quote]
    You could convert to dvd and play on a ps2, I have done it with an avi>dvd which worked on a silver ps2 bought at christmas 2003.you would have to burn to a dvdr.
    Not sure if you could create a mini dvd on a cdr, by which i mean a cdr with the data being a dvd vob format, problem is you can only fit 20 mins of dvd video onto a cd.
    D2D

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Originally posted by cockboy+30 March 2004 - 17:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cockboy @ 30 March 2004 - 17:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by muchspl2@1 March 2004 - 23:04
    <!--QuoteBegin-CoryPenwell
    @1 March 2004 - 16:36

you can stream it but you have to have a sony network adaptor and a program I can&#39;t recall off hand
    or instead of all the bullshit just buy a mod chip
    You could convert to dvd and play on a ps2, I have done it with an avi>dvd which worked on a silver ps2 bought at christmas 2003.you would have to burn to a dvdr.
    Not sure if you could create a mini dvd on a cdr, by which i mean a cdr with the data being a dvd vob format, problem is you can only fit 20 mins of dvd video onto a cd.
    D2D [/b][/quote]
    yep dvd, but in some cases acient ps2&#39;s can play a vcd the laser is diffrent from the newer versions