Thread: Have A Problem When Dialling Up

Poster
    I have a problem when i dial up i get an error report(see pic).It started about 3 weeks ago and i dont know why,it wasn't sfter installing anything and have spoken to my ISP.They say its a problem with something on my comp,but i dont have a clue and wondering if any nice kind techies could help me out...thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    imported_The__One
    R u using widows dial-up service, or the ISP's dial-up program?

..this may sound a bit obvious, but it seems there is a damaged or missing .dll, that is related to the dial-up program, if your using windows to connect, re-install the dial-up service from the Windows CD, and even if U'r using a dial-up program provided by the ISP, It would still help to re-install the windows dial-up stuff, besides re-installing the program from your ISP....

Or u could serach for that dll (ICMP.dll) on google or kazaa, and then replace the damaged one. (find out where it goes on your sistem by doing a simple windows serach for the dll B) )

Hope this helped

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    I'm using ISP dial up program,have re installed it twice and still get error report...weird.Will try searching and replacing the dll you mentioned and see what happens.Thanks for your help The__One

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Does it happen after a fresh reboot?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by zapjb@8 March 2003 - 00:10
    Does it happen after a fresh reboot?
    Yes it does...happens every time i sign on.Searched my comp for ICMP.dll and i have 3 on my comp...searched on google and tried a few sites but the sizes dont match up with the sizes of the ICMP.dll thats on my comp...and also dont know which one to replace out of the 3...aghhhhhhh

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6