Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Case Problems/heat/ I Dont Know.

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by peerzyboy@4 March 2004 - 15:37
    Its a brand new mobo and i got some guy from a shop to fit it so i doubt it, im still puzzled tho, it could be a faulty mobo or the v core thingy.

Iv had her running for about 72 hours non stop without the case on perfectly fine.

Peerzyboy
    what is the motherboard manufacturer and model number? you can use aida32 to find it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #42
    i know the board is defently an 'aopen' and this should help with the model number:

Motherboard Properties
    Motherboard ID 10/24/2003-KM400-6A6LYAW9C-00
    Motherboard Name Unknown

Its a pritty new one, 8X AGP, USB2 etc etc...

Peerzyboy

3. Software & Hardware   -   #43
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    does the puter act up if you put the cover on while its running. like, you say its been running 72hrs, if you put the cover on right now, what does the comp do? does it freak out right away, or take a few minutes or what. also, try another case, and if it works, then the case you now have is possessed by satan and should be burned immediately.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #44
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    CPU Properties
    CPU Type AMD Duron XP, 1659 MHz (6.25 x 265)
    CPU Alias Applebred

What the hell.

Well, its not a 2000+, its a newer Duron, on the applebred core.

What I dont get, is that I KNOW 6.25 x 265 cannot be the stock setting for the 1600 Duron.

Now im just speculating here, but it sounds like your tech guy might have given you a very low level new Duron CPU, and overclocked it to look like the 2000+. Although I havnt heard of being able to set the multiplier to 6.25.

Check the model number on your CPU if you can. Take the heatsink and fan off (with the computer off) and post the model number here for us, if you can.

Also, as for what motherboard you have, it says the model number somewhere on it on the motherboard itself, but check here and see if this helps any.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?...rtby=14&order=1

5. Software & Hardware   -   #45
    lynx's Avatar .
    Amd haven't built a processor with a base frequency approaching anything like 265MHz. However, some mobo's report the base frequency doubled because they know they will otherwise get questions like "my memory is DDR266, why is it only running at 133MHz?"

So in all probability it is running at 12.5*133MHz = 1662.5MHz. Maybe the supplier has raised the multiplier slightly. Or maybe it isn't the processor you think it is and they've raised the multiplier a lot, and made a mistake.

As JL says, the only way to find out is to look at the chip, although even that may not be conclusive. Overclock Amd chips enough and they appear change their identity, so even the sticker on your chip may not be enough.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #46
    Originally posted by lynx@5 March 2004 - 22:16
    Amd haven't built a processor with a base frequency approaching anything like 265MHz. However, some mobo's report the base frequency doubled because they know they will otherwise get questions like "my memory is DDR266, why is it only running at 133MHz?"

So in all probability it is running at 12.5*133MHz = 1662.5MHz. Maybe the supplier has raised the multiplier slightly. Or maybe it isn't the processor you think it is and they've raised the multiplier a lot, and made a mistake.

As JL says, the only way to find out is to look at the chip, although even that may not be conclusive. Overclock Amd chips enough and they appear change their identity, so even the sticker on your chip may not be enough.
    in the BIOS it says set a setting between 133 and 165 and if u up it, it oc's it so it is 133*12.5 yeah.

my board is a slightly modified version of this:
    AOpen nForce3 150 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket 754 CPU, Model "MK89-L" -RETAIL

mine is the EXACT same spec but the bits onn the board are a moved a bit around.

On my old motherboard (sum shit thing that had a geforce 2 innit told me that my AMD was an ATLON XP 2000 and we did ask him to fit it.

Peerzyboy

7. Software & Hardware   -   #47
    bump

Peerzyboy

8. Software & Hardware   -   #48
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by peerzyboy+5 March 2004 - 19:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (peerzyboy @ 5 March 2004 - 19:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lynx@5 March 2004 - 22:16
    Amd haven&#39;t built a processor with a base frequency approaching anything like 265MHz. However, some mobo&#39;s report the base frequency doubled because they know they will otherwise get questions like "my memory is DDR266, why is it only running at 133MHz?"

So in all probability it is running at 12.5*133MHz = 1662.5MHz. Maybe the supplier has raised the multiplier slightly. Or maybe it isn&#39;t the processor you think it is and they&#39;ve raised the multiplier a lot, and made a mistake.

in the BIOS it says set a setting between 133 and 165 and if u up it, it oc&#39;s it so it is 133*12.5 yeah.

my board is a slightly modified version of this:
    AOpen nForce3 150 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket 754 CPU, Model "MK89-L" -RETAIL

mine is the EXACT same spec but the bits onn the board are a moved a bit around.

On my old motherboard (sum shit thing that had a geforce 2 innit told me that my AMD was an ATLON XP 2000 and we did ask him to fit it.

Peerzyboy [/b][/quote]
    that motherboard name isnt riht, the nforce 3 chipset is for athlon 64 processors and the socket 754 is also only for athlon 64 processors so something isnt right there.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #49
    well it has all those featurwes (not sure about the socket or onboard, but it has that ram slots and sub and looks alot like that.

Peerzyboy

10. Software & Hardware   -   #50
    Just had a lok at my motherboard and it had &#39;MK77M-8XM&#39; written on it.

Peerzyboy

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast