Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Case Problems/heat/ I Dont Know.

_John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by peerzyboy+3 March 2004 - 11:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (peerzyboy @ 3 March 2004 - 11:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by kaiweiler@3 March 2004 - 04:09
    <!--QuoteBegin-Virtualbody1234
    @2 March 2004 - 23:44
    I also have never heard of a Duron XP.

Athlon XP, yes.

Click Me
    is this the one you have peerzyboy?
    No,

its a big sticky thing, a cubiod but going upwards in sticks. I thoughjt the man had fitted a atlon but now my bios is telling me its a duron, same with AIDA 32. where as before my pc got fortmatted it was reading as an atlon xp.

is the motherboard faulty then because they only just fitted it.

Peerzyboy [/b][/quote]
    The real thing here is wether its a Duron, or an XP.

It cant be both.

Either way, the Vcore is to low. I would try uping the Vcore to 1.55 (or 1.50) if you can, and that should fix the problem in my opinion.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_+3 March 2004 - 21:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (_John_Lennon_ @ 3 March 2004 - 21:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by peerzyboy@3 March 2004 - 11:38

Athlon XP, yes.

Click Me

No,

its a big sticky thing, a cubiod but going upwards in sticks. I thoughjt the man had fitted a atlon but now my bios is telling me its a duron, same with AIDA 32. where as before my pc got fortmatted it was reading as an atlon xp.

Peerzyboy

It cant be both.

Either way, the Vcore is to low. I would try uping the Vcore to 1.55 (or 1.50) if you can, and that should fix the problem in my opinion. [/b][/quote]
    well the guy who did it for me works in a shop, he told me he was putting an ATLON XP 2000 and thats what my BIOS and AIDE 32 told me untill recently i got a new motherboard and now it tells me its a DURON. it goes into socket 1, but it is not a thin chip, more like a thin athlon with lots of sliver spikes comeoing out of the top.

Sorry i havent had time to read all the posts because i was in a hurry earlyier.

Just for refrence um.... how would i up the voltage? is it in thew bIOS because im pritty sure that its grey&#39;d out. I&#39;ll have a look in a min to be sure.

Peerzyboy

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by peerzyboy+3 March 2004 - 18:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (peerzyboy @ 3 March 2004 - 18:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_@3 March 2004 - 21:41

Athlon XP, yes.

Click Me

No,

Peerzyboy

It cant be both.

Either way, the Vcore is to low. I would try uping the Vcore to 1.55 (or 1.50) if you can, and that should fix the problem in my opinion.
    well the guy who did it for me works in a shop, he told me he was putting an ATLON XP 2000 and thats what my BIOS and AIDE 32 told me untill recently i got a new motherboard and now it tells me its a DURON. it goes into socket 1, but it is not a thin chip, more like a thin athlon with lots of sliver spikes comeoing out of the top.

Sorry i havent had time to read all the posts because i was in a hurry earlyier.

Just for refrence um.... how would i up the voltage? is it in thew bIOS because im pritty sure that its grey&#39;d out. I&#39;ll have a look in a min to be sure.

Peerzyboy [/b][/quote]
    yeah it will be in the bios usually under advanced chipset features or advanced chipset options.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+3 March 2004 - 23:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 3 March 2004 - 23:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by peerzyboy@3 March 2004 - 18:12

Athlon XP, yes.

Click Me

No,

Peerzyboy

It cant be both.

Peerzyboy
    yeah it will be in the bios usually under advanced chipset features or advanced chipset options. [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;ll have a look in about 20mins before i go to bed.

Hey how long do you think we can keep quoting like this?

Peerzyboy

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by peerzyboy+3 March 2004 - 18:34--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (peerzyboy @ 3 March 2004 - 18:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@3 March 2004 - 23:30

Athlon XP, yes.

Click Me

No,

Peerzyboy

It cant be both.

Peerzyboy

yeah it will be in the bios usually under advanced chipset features or advanced chipset options.

Peerzyboy [/b][/quote]
    hmm lets see... ill make this post really long by doing...

...this...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+3 March 2004 - 23:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 3 March 2004 - 23:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by peerzyboy@3 March 2004 - 18:34

Athlon XP, yes.

Click Me

No,

Peerzyboy

It cant be both.

Peerzyboy

Peerzyboy

...this... [/b][/quote]
    wow good idea&#33;

well only 15mins till i check . so nothing much going down in hardware world recently .

Where&#39;s clocker with some new ideas wehn u need him .

Peerzyboy

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by peerzyboy+3 March 2004 - 18:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (peerzyboy @ 3 March 2004 - 18:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@3 March 2004 - 23:38
    Originally posted by peerzyboy@3 March 2004 - 18:34

Athlon XP, yes.

Click Me

No,

Peerzyboy

It cant be both.

Peerzyboy

Peerzyboy

...this...
    wow good idea&#33;

well only 15mins till i check . so nothing much going down in hardware world recently .

Where&#39;s clocker with some new ideas wehn u need him .

Peerzyboy [/b][/quote]
    yeah its getting so boring...i want my computer to break so i can post some questions lol.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Clocker has been very busy modding a case for his sister&#39;s new computer.
    When he is finished, he will be hopping in his trusty (rusty) old car and travelling to Chicago ( among other places) to finish the build.
    He will be in and out of touch for about a month.

I think that&#39;s what he told me...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    i know .

My mate (who is as thick as pig shit as he looks at computers) susgested that i should take one fan drille four small holes in the side case and have it outside insted of one big grated whole .

um.............. :

after adding my two new blue LCD fans i cant get to sleep now because it glows to bright because iv had to have the case off now.

O is it safe to leave the side panel off of the pc and leave it on for days on end?

Peerzyboy

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Originally posted by clocker@3 March 2004 - 23:59
    Clocker has been very busy modding a case for his sister&#39;s new computer.
    When he is finished, he will be hopping in his trusty (rusty) old car and travelling to Chicago ( among other places) to finish the build.
    He will be in and out of touch for about a month.

I think that&#39;s what he told me...
    you are clocker

:helpsmile:

no clocker for a month? might as well set a date to burn/bury hardware world . Just joking VB1234 carm down .

um... so what did u do 2 ur sis&#39;s pc?

Peerzyboy

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast