Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Case Problems/heat/ I Dont Know.

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by peerzyboy@5 April 2004 - 17:42
    Would i be able to tell from the chips colour what it is, so i dont have to take the heat sink off? Or something like that?
    i tihnk the only way to know is by the numbers, but tell color anyway

2. Software & Hardware   -   #72
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Dont worry peerzy boy, its as easy as. Just make sure you are careful unlocking the heatsink clip (use a screwdriver but watch it doesnt slip) and ground yourself on the case first in case you touch anything.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #73
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by RGX@5 April 2004 - 17:52
    Dont worry peerzy boy, its as easy as. Just make sure you are careful unlocking the heatsink clip (use a screwdriver but watch it doesnt slip) and ground yourself on the case first in case you touch anything.
    u forgot that he will need some thermal compound to replace the used thermal pad. you cant put the processor on with a used thermal pad or teh cpu temps will skyrocket.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #74
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+5 April 2004 - 22:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 5 April 2004 - 22:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-peerzyboy@5 April 2004 - 17:42
    Would i be able to tell from the chips colour what it is, so i dont have to take the heat sink off? Or something like that?
    i tihnk the only way to know is by the numbers, but tell color anyway [/b][/quote]
    The chip is brown/creamy i think, its hard to tell because of the massive heat sink.

here are some pictures that may help...

Image Resized
    [img]http://aa.1asphost.com/peerzyboy/Image(15).jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>
    Sorry its a bit green there, and the camera is tilted so just look that the bottem of the grey heat sink.

Sorry for the bad images, its the only thing i had .

5. Software & Hardware   -   #75
    lynx's Avatar .
    Can&#39;t see the chip from those shots. By definition it has to be covered by the heatsink. The only chance you&#39;ve got of seeing the colour of the chip without removing the heatsink is from the side, and with a very bright lamp.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #76
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+5 April 2004 - 23:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 5 April 2004 - 23:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RGX@5 April 2004 - 17:52
    u forgot that he will need some thermal compound to replace the used thermal pad. you cant put the processor on with a used thermal pad or teh cpu temps will skyrocket. [/b][/quote]
    I did.

But its probably not a good idea.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #77
    Originally posted by lynx@5 April 2004 - 23:36
    Can&#39;t see the chip from those shots. By definition it has to be covered by the heatsink. The only chance you&#39;ve got of seeing the colour of the chip without removing the heatsink is from the side, and with a very bright lamp.
    I have a giant lamp here but the gfx card is in the way. "moro im going to remove that, and i will have very clear view of the chip, will post more pictures then

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678