Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gunbound

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering what everyone thinks of the online game Gunbound and who plays. Neat little game. http://gunbound.net

-PulsE-

2. Games   -   #2
    Poster
    how much is it?
    I survived the great winter 03/04 depression

KLCasualties:
    J'Pol - MIA / internet.news - KIA / Snny - MIA
    Billy_Dean - KIA / <s>fugley - MIA</s> / FuNkY CaPrIcOrN - MIA

Need some time alone?

3. Games   -   #3
    its free... you dl it off the site

-PulsE-

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    THe pics look pretty cool, i will download it...

5. Games   -   #5
    i play it

its not the best of games but it will do

6. Games   -   #6
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    my bro play it too much, and i play it sometimes
    and btw its great game, "worm-like game"

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

7. Games   -   #7
    Poster
    if its anything like worms ill try it. worms is so addicting, especially worms armagedon because of the sweet weapons you get when you beat certain levels in death match.
    <span style='color:blue'>Ben</span>

8. Games   -   #8
    Poster
    this game is hard, which dudes are the best to use
    <span style='color:blue'>Ben</span>

9. Games   -   #9
    Poster
    ...Glass tubes all look alike from the inside.
    Its been a while since ive played, so this probably isnt accurate anymore - but "easiest" depends on what your opponents are using.

For instance, if your opponents are all "Metal" types, like bigfoot, raon, and so on, the best machine to use is a shield type. Shield types do more damage to metal types, and less to bio types. Metal types, in turn, do more to bio types, and less to shield types. And Bio types (Turtles, mammoths, and so on) do more to shield types and less to metal types.

It also depends on your personal playstyle. I always used Raon (metal) or J.D. (shield) - the former has the ability to place mines around an opponent to restrict movement or inflict mass damage (a direct hit from both mines can do insane damage, but its very tricky to pull off), as well as having a decent primary attack (not great damage, but can be used to dig). The latter - J.D, or "cakebot" as its more frequently called doesnt have great damage output, but can pull metal and shield types around if they&#39;re close enough to the shot (secondary mode) - handy for sticking an annoying enemy into a hole for a slug to SS, or pulling two into the same spot so you can nail both at the same time.

If your not confident about placing shots, it may be best to stick to trico, bigfoot, and... well, trico or bigfoot. Both can spread shots out a bit and dig - so even if your aims not great, you can still do some damage. If your a better shot, should probably go with the turtle, mage, or the nak. All three can produce some major damage at range or up close.

Asset (the yellow thing that looks like a teapot) takes some getting used to. When you fire, it fires a glowing ball - and a second shot from the floating thing above asset fires a laser at the point that ball lands. Problem is, rocks and stuff tend to get in the way, so it takes some practice. And slugs arent much use unless your enemys stuck in a hole 2 inches from your mobile. :/

And whatever you do, avoid the boomer (wooden thing with a boomerang) unless your *really* good. Its a biiaaatch to aim.

Of course, it all depends on your personal playstyle at the end of the day. If you want to try out different ideas, just go with random until you find one you like.
    By the way - going random sometimes gives you the Knight or Dragon - these two have insane damage outputs, but poor defence.

THe other thing to remember is "Delay". Each shot (and moving&#33;&#33 increases your &#39;delay&#39;, which in turn increases the time till your next go. shot 1 has the lowest delay, shot 2 generally adds an extra 100 or so delay on, and SS has a LOT of delay on it, so dont waste SS shots&#33; Using items like doubles also increases the delay - the extra delay is the number on them when you choose which items you want. Its generally best to leave doubles until THOR is active. A good hit with a double when thors active can completely wipe an opponent out when thors at high level, and cause a lot of damage even at lower levels. Btw - Thor&#39;s level is dependant on how much damage its inflicted, so to start with its not much. bear that in mind - if you can, wait till its about to drop out of active mode before doubling it. That way, you&#39;ll get more bang for your buck.

As far as gold goes - just get high angle shots when you can, and do as much damage as possible. Even if your only getting 20 gold a game from actual damage, you can earn a fair bit for winning the game. Keeping shots high helps, as they&#39;re less likely to hit obstacles. OH - and it goes without saying - DONT hit teammates. it&#39;ll hurt your pockets pretty deeply.

Note :- Its been a while since ive played GB. Tht could all be outta date by now, but thats how i remember it.

10. Games   -   #10
    Poster
    i just got beat by a giant dildo
    I survived the great winter 03/04 depression

KLCasualties:
    J&#39;Pol - MIA / internet.news - KIA / Snny - MIA
    Billy_Dean - KIA / <s>fugley - MIA</s> / FuNkY CaPrIcOrN - MIA

Need some time alone?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast