Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cpu Temps

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+2 March 2004 - 22:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 2 March 2004 - 22:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-scottwile@2 March 2004 - 22:33
    i was wondering if i change the thermal paste will that ruin my hp warrentys and stuff?
    youve already ruined the warratny by opening the computer to have that fan blowing into it but since your temps are ok now (id kill for 37c with my stupid motherboard) i wouldnt change the thermal paste.

hps tend to run hotter cuz of their crappy case designs and bad air flow. i wouldn&#39;t worry. mainly cuz if hp designed it that way, it won&#39;t burn. my old hp didn&#39;t even have a hs. i had a duct thing with 1 fan. and i used that mofo for 4 years with no probs in hardware
    what processor did it have, a 486? [/b][/quote]
    a p3. got it in 1999. and i got my new comp (sig) in 2003. so almost 4 years

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Hell no, unless you had to break a piece of paper to get in or something...so no...just make sure if you have to send it back u put all the stock parts back...and put dust on them haha
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    alrighty, and i ahve been hold off from overclocking for warrenty reasons. if i don&#39;t burn the cpu right out how would they know i overclocked if i set everything back to normal?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    all HP&#39;s ive seen (including the one i have which is my old computer) they put a sticker between teh back of the side wall and the back of teh computer (kinda confusing to explain) but when you take off the side the sticker it leaves a marking that says warranty void all over the place that the sitcker was sitting.

it may not be on the latest hp computers but mine and a lot of others ive seen have it.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    thats pretty smart of them, but they can&#39;t beat me. kaiweiler and i will figure something out. thats for all the help
    i&#39;m heading to bed.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    BANNED
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@3 March 2004 - 04:07
    all HP&#39;s ive seen (including the one i have which is my old computer) they put a sticker between teh back of the side wall and the back of teh computer (kinda confusing to explain) but when you take off the side the sticker it leaves a marking that says warranty void all over the place that the sitcker was sitting.

it may not be on the latest hp computers but mine and a lot of others ive seen have it.
    i got my hp this year and it had a sticker and my bro went in my pc when i was out and ripped it.
    so if i brake my pc then i will just pull it off and say i never had 1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12