Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cpu Temps

my CPU temps seem to be very high.

I'm not OCing and i'm running a system made by hp.
    I'm using MBM 5. (mother board monitor 5)
    what could the problem be?

EDIT: those temps are from when i got home form school with system doing nothing all day. but the catch is i have my case open with a 17 inch normal everyday house fan blowing it on it. is that bad for it? and the 17 inch fan is only on speed 1 of 3
    thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    that is very high. fell the heatsync and see if its really hot feeling, if not you might not be reading teh right sensor but if it is the real temp then that is bad and i recomend you clean out teh case and install a few fans if possible.

have you ever removed teh heatsync? if so then you will have to buy some enw thermal paste. i recomend arctic silver.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    What are the specs of the HP system, like motherboard, model number, CPU model number, something to that effect.

And what kind of cooling does it have in there? Just heatsink? Heatsink with fan? Heatsink with fan using ducting channel to go out the back?"

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    its cooled with a huge heatsink and a 80 mm fan on that heat sink. its an athlon 2800xp

my temps are good now that i turned the big 17 inch house fan off. i think that it was blowing so much air in that the cpu fan wasn't going right or something. my current temps are case 35 D/C and cpu 37 D/C
    that was stupid of me to put that fan there but i figured it would help it but i figured wrong i guess.

and i will likely get some artic silver 5 for it from BIG_AL and kaiweiler. but i was wondering if i change the thermal paste will that ruin my hp warrentys and stuff?

thanks alot

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I'm pretty sure we already killed your warrenties by formatting!
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    hps tend to run hotter cuz of their crappy case designs and bad air flow. i wouldn't worry. mainly cuz if hp designed it that way, it won't burn. my old hp didn't even have a hs. i had a duct thing with 1 fan. and i used that mofo for 4 years with no probs in hardware

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by scottwile@2 March 2004 - 22:33
    i was wondering if i change the thermal paste will that ruin my hp warrentys and stuff?
    youve already ruined the warratny by opening the computer to have that fan blowing into it but since your temps are ok now (id kill for 37c with my stupid motherboard) i wouldnt change the thermal paste.

hps tend to run hotter cuz of their crappy case designs and bad air flow. i wouldn't worry. mainly cuz if hp designed it that way, it won't burn. my old hp didn't even have a hs. i had a duct thing with 1 fan. and i used that mofo for 4 years with no probs in hardware
    what processor did it have, a 486?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    i have a space for a 90mm fan on the back of my case. should i make it intake or out take? i only have one 80mm fan on my cpu currently.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@2 March 2004 - 23:43
    youve already ruined the warratny by opening the computer to have that fan blowing into it but since your temps are ok now (id kill for 37c with my stupid motherboard) i wouldnt change the thermal paste.
    You kill the warrenty just by opening it?! What a cheap piece of shit company
    Wile, you have no warrenty whatsoever then lol, especially since we formatted your drive, and opened your comp about 20 times lol
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    there would be no way for them to tell if i opened my computer on not would there?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast