Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Star

uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    What a waste of server space.

Seriously, who really gives a rat's ass about meaningless forum stars or bullshit member titles?
    They are WORTHLESS in the REAL WORLD.

I refuse to accept that one member is superior to another on this forum.
    If a member spends an unhealthy amount of time posting here instead of having a life,
    they should be given psychiactric help, not made a star.

Just say NO to bogus elitism.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Ah the other side of the fence, and I might tend to agree as well...

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Originally posted by Adster@3 March 2004 - 08:51
    you want to know what i think??

if a member has been registered for over a year then they should be a Forum star as long as they have a average over 4 posts per day to say that they have been loyal and stayed here for a year and has contributed to the board for that long
    you forgot to mention the member must be able to sing the stars and stripes and La Marseillaise backwards

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Originally posted by jetje+3 March 2004 - 19:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jetje @ 3 March 2004 - 19:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Adster@3 March 2004 - 08:51
    you want to know what i think??

if a member has been registered for over a year then they should be a Forum star as long as they have a average over 4 posts per day to say that they have been loyal and stayed here for a year and has contributed to the board for that long
    you forgot to mention the member must be able to sing the stars and stripes and La Marseillaise backwards [/b][/quote]

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    To me, the Forum Star thread is a whole bag of confusion

It&#39;s current use is to show ex-mods and team members who&#39;ve gone beyond their past duty and shouldn&#39;t have that time forgotten. In one part, it&#39;s pretty a good idea - It means that new members can see who&#39;s been & gone =) In another part though, there&#39;s a long list of people who could still fall into that category - Paul, VB, even Balamm did a (debatable, yes) great job of moderating the board before the argument with jetje. In another, that&#39;s still going to create a small inside group of people - Dunno how Lamsey likes it but for me being in a member group of one wasn&#39;t as good as it seemed

So let&#39;s take a hypothetical situation now - What if the Forum Star title wasn&#39;t reserved for mods & ex-team members, but for everyone who did great. On the one hand, it could help members be recognised for what they did - How many have given there all to the board at one time or another but haven&#39;t become a moderator, once the only worthy symbol of their commitment to the board, because they weren&#39;t Mod material or there were enough moderators? On the other hand, it could create an elitist tier which could bring more trouble than good - Look at what happened when the SG Beta Tester member group were created for a short time before being removed.

In the end, it&#39;s debatable how the Forum Stars be done. Personally, they&#39;ve done their work so their work will already be known by others telling, with or without the Forum Stars

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    jetje's Avatar former star
    In the end it&#39;s quite simple, the forum stars never asked to be one. The only difference with a lot of very good contributing members is that being part of the admin/mod team they did had some more (visible) responsibilities and did have access to team chat (the mod room) Being a forum star they still have access in there and can debate with the admin/mod team.... Which is a good idea imo B)
    Just because of the last part it is not such a good idea to make all "Stars from the forum" --&#62; Forum Stars. B)

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    [i]Originally posted by uNz@3 March 2004 - 09:00
    What a waste of server space.

Seriously, who really gives a rat&#39;s ass about meaningless forum stars or bullshit member titles?
    They are WORTHLESS in the REAL WORLD.

I refuse to accept that one member is superior to another on this forum.
    If a member spends an unhealthy amount of time posting here instead of having a life,
    they should be given psychiactric help, not made a star.

Just say NO to bogus elitism.

GREAT WORDS

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    BANNED
    In the end it&#39;s quite simple, the forum stars never asked to be one. The only difference with a lot of very good contributing members is that being part of the admin/mod team they did had some more (visible) responsibilities and did have access to team chat (the mod room) Being a forum star they still have access in there and can debate with the admin/mod team.... Which is a good idea imo
    Just because of the last part it is not such a good idea to make all "Stars from the forum" --&#62; Forum Stars

take a look in the help forum how is that not noticeable musleman should be a forum star personally i don&#39;t care who the admin and mods are i don&#39;t like most of them anyway and im sure there are members here who agree but name me one person who doesn&#39;t like MUSLEMAN

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    BANNED
    This is opened again cool https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=102932 read that

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Originally posted by RapFan@3 March 2004 - 23:22
    In the end it&#39;s quite simple, the forum stars never asked to be one. The only difference with a lot of very good contributing members is that being part of the admin/mod team they did had some more (visible) responsibilities and did have access to team chat (the mod room) Being a forum star they still have access in there and can debate with the admin/mod team.... Which is a good idea imo
    Just because of the last part it is not such a good idea to make all "Stars from the forum" --&#62; Forum Stars

take a look in the help forum how is that not noticeable musleman should be a forum star personally i don&#39;t care who the admin and mods are i don&#39;t like most of them anyway and im sure there are members here who agree but name me one person who doesn&#39;t like MUSLEMAN
    I can name about 20 want me too???

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast