Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lets Make A Game

Poster
    Originally posted by TARPD@4 March 2004 - 00:01
    i wanna make a game, a mmorpg style gta streetrace drivesim em up.

i can make 3d stuff but i wouldnt know where to start on a physics engine or that kind of stuff

discuss, dont flame please
    Y dont u guys try getting into Mod scene ...... which will get u experience plus the portfolio u mentioned .......

If u r lucky u might get a break !!

Jus my 2 cents .cheers.Bye.
    <span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>Hope. It is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength, and your greatest weakness.
    </span></span></span>

2. Games   -   #12
    A mmorpg based on GTA3 would kick ass

Maybe if you team up with the guys that are making the MTA mod, you can get something going.

I have played MTA a while ago and its really fun.

I can imagine a mmorpg where you do missions for other players and vise versa

3. Games   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by Evil Gemini@4 March 2004 - 14:25
    A mmorpg based on GTA3 would kick ass

Maybe if you team up with the guys that are making the MTA mod, you can get something going.

I have played MTA a while ago and its really fun.

I can imagine a mmorpg where you do missions for other players and vise versa
    The next installment of GTA :San Andreas will probably have a multiplayer mode like the one Gemini suggested and yeah it will probably kick ass &#33;

<span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>Hope. It is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength, and your greatest weakness.
    </span></span></span>

4. Games   -   #14
    Poster
    i meant what games is amp2 used in?

ok, ok, i&#39;ll make some cars and stuff for Vice City before setting off on my own project. you happy now you&#39;ve crushed my dreams
    I survived the great winter 03/04 depression

KLCasualties:
    J&#39;Pol - MIA / internet.news - KIA / Snny - MIA
    Billy_Dean - KIA / <s>fugley - MIA</s> / FuNkY CaPrIcOrN - MIA

Need some time alone?

5. Games   -   #15
    Bowen747x's Avatar Poster
    no1 crushed ur dreams but urself by giving up which was ur choice alone, u could continue persueing the dreams but ur not
    i wouldn try 2 make a game w/ ppl throgh a forum tho
    tYiA

6. Games   -   #16
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Moddings probably thr best option, gives you experience.....mind you, making a little top down RPG probably wouldnt be too hard

7. Games   -   #17
    Poster
    Originally posted by RGX@4 March 2004 - 14:42
    Moddings probably thr best option, gives you experience.....mind you, making a little top down RPG probably wouldnt be too hard
    i made stuff with those rpg makers and gamemakers but they dont have a physics engine (i tried to make a gta1 ripoff) but couldnt make the cars skid or turn properly, just slide about)
    I survived the great winter 03/04 depression

KLCasualties:
    J&#39;Pol - MIA / internet.news - KIA / Snny - MIA
    Billy_Dean - KIA / <s>fugley - MIA</s> / FuNkY CaPrIcOrN - MIA

Need some time alone?

8. Games   -   #18
    Debaser
    I think you could put together a decent physics engine with a few amateur game makers.

Ika is pretty good, I&#39;ve seen some great games with it, its programming language is C though so maybe not up your alley, you can make first person shooters with this one though.

Sphere is also good for Rpg&#39;s, but I&#39;ve seen all kinds of games made with this one.

And if you need help with whatever heres a great site where you can get lots of information, Rpg2knet I hate this site, but its got information and tutorials you won&#39;t find anywhere else. And I bet you could get that physics engine going in rpgmaker, maybe ask somebody on that site, I&#39;m sure they would know.

9. Games   -   #19
    Poster
    I am good at modeling (3D and 2D) and am willing to give my spare time to help

10. Games   -   #20
    h1
    AMP2 is an FPS engine, but you can use a good engine for anything... we&#39;ve all seen the basketball mod for Quake III, haven&#39;t we?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast