Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cant Cope With This

Hi, have got my film on DVD can play it back on computer, cant play it back on home DVD Player, help, I am going mad![FONT=Optima][SIZE=7][COLOR=red][CODE]

2. Movies & TV   -   #2

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Is it a different region than your DVD player?

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by bernardette@3 March 2004 - 23:48
    Hi, have got my film on DVD can play it back on computer, cant play it back on home DVD Player, help, I am going mad![FONT=Optima][SIZE=7][COLOR=red][CODE]
    is it a copied dvd (on dvd r disk) or retail version?
    Robert00000

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Im guessing ya DVD is a copy? Might sound like a daft question...but are you 100% sure your player plays copies??? Did you encode the film to an Mpeg so it will play on ya DVD player...Is it still an Avi file???
    I got Booted from Xbox Scene Forum...Proud??...You Betcha!!

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by slimboyfatz@7 March 2004 - 14:48
    Im guessing ya DVD is a copy? Might sound like a daft question...but are you 100% sure your player plays copies???
    This is a good question because a friend bought a dvd player that was supposed to support dvd+r, but none of the dvd+r disks worked on it.

It would be worth while to try out a few dvd r disks on it to see if it recognises them.
    Robert00000

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    sorry to be so daft, no I havent put it to Mpeg, I dont know how, I'm not up to all this, I'm just playing it all by ear really, and getting in a mess. My DVD player will play anything except my DVD's that I have done, it is a +. thanks for all your help, it is appreciated, I really just want someone to say, do this, do that. thanks

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Originally posted by bernardette@8 March 2004 - 14:41
    sorry to be so daft, no I havent put it to Mpeg, I dont know how, I'm not up to all this, I'm just playing it all by ear really, and getting in a mess. My DVD player will play anything except my DVD's that I have done, it is a +. thanks for all your help, it is appreciated, I really just want someone to say, do this, do that. thanks
    Check out Doom 9

They have a wealth of information and 'How To' guides that will help with your problem. Unfortunately it's a bit too long to type the exact instructions as they're rather long.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Just started having a go my self, but i do know that you have to covert the avi file to an mpeg file. I use mainconcept mpeg encoder, download off kazaa, then author it with tmpgenc dvd author, off kazaa, then burn it to disc using nero 6. I am having a few probs, but learning as i go along with a lot of help from this forum.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Old Fella
    Check out the KVCD guide in my sig below, shows how to convert to MPEG so you can play through your DVD player.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast