Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: My Pc's A Beast!

Originally posted by Neo 721@6 March 2004 - 14:30
    Temperature is never an issue.
    Where are you from?? The arctic?!
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

2. Software & Hardware   -   #42
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+6 March 2004 - 13:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 6 March 2004 - 13:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power@6 March 2004 - 13:07
    wat do u think bout my temp issue, if it is an issue
    that should be fine i think the max temp is like 75c or something... [/b][/quote]
    75 for a gpu? wow

3. Software & Hardware   -   #43
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    yesterday after we were talking about changing the thermal paste on your 9800 i decided to do the same for my mx440...wish i hadnt.

I took it off and there was some white stuff that looked like whiteout but it was liquidy and was actually only covering half teh gpu so i took it off then added some arctic silver. I might have used too much and after it was put on it had a really thick layer on teh gpu which i doubt i should have kept. Well i put the heatync back on and clamped it in and started up teh computer and all was working fine but then i started simcity 4 and i had so many artifacts all over the screen so i had to lower my overclock i wish i hadnt taken it apart) do you guys think i should remove some of the arctic silver and just have a really thin layer on the gpu or what should i do?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #44
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@6 March 2004 - 13:53
    yesterday after we were talking about changing the thermal paste on your 9800 i decided to do the same for my mx440...wish i hadnt.

I took it off and there was some white stuff that looked like whiteout but it was liquidy and was actually only covering half teh gpu so i took it off then added some arctic silver. I might have used too much and after it was put on it had a really thick layer on teh gpu which i doubt i should have kept. Well i put the heatync back on and clamped it in and started up teh computer and all was working fine but then i started simcity 4 and i had so many artifacts all over the screen so i had to lower my overclock i wish i hadnt taken it apart) do you guys think i should remove some of the arctic silver and just have a really thin layer on the gpu or what should i do?
    2 much as5 will cause the heat to be trapped. u want a thin layer, like how u put as5 on a cpu

5. Software & Hardware   -   #45
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+6 March 2004 - 18:23--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power @ 6 March 2004 - 18:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ROSSCO_2004@6 March 2004 - 13:53

2 much as5 will cause the heat to be trapped. u want a thin layer, like how u put as5 on a cpu [/b][/quote]
    alright im gonna thin it out a bit later.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #46
    Poster
    im bout to put AC5 on my athlon 2500,

ive read the instructions at the AC site many times over, but im still worried ill fu&# sumthing up.

what should i clean the stock thermal paste off the heatsync with? i need to completely get rid of the previous thermal paste b4 i apply AC5 ay?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #47
    Originally posted by dray_02@7 March 2004 - 04:17

ive read the instructions at the AC site many times over, but im still worried ill fu&# sumthing up.

what should i clean the stock thermal paste off the heatsync with? i need to completely get rid of the previous thermal paste b4 i apply AC5 ay?
    rubbing alcohol will be enough

8. Software & Hardware   -   #48
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by dray_02@7 March 2004 - 04:17

i found that lighter fluid took off the thermal pad very quickly and i recomend you use that, but after using teh lighter fluid do one last scrub with rubbing alcohol to make sure there is no lighter fluid left on the chip.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345