Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Amazing Shrinking Window

Silly question : is it possible to "lock" the size of a window , so that it opens at a set size/position on screen ? WinXP , no particular program... just curious.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Tools -> Folder Options... View -> "Remember each folder's view settings"

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Didn't know that worked for windows as well. Thanks.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    How about for internet explorer? I would like for it to always open maximized but it always seems to open at a random size. How can I fix this?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Right-click the shortcut , Properties , Shortcut , "run : maximised".

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    thank for the IE tip but i have a dell keyboard (i have the model # if u need it) and it has 3 buttons at the top. 1 for outlook 1 for IE and 1 for search. when i press the IE button it dosent open maximized like the IE shortcut. how do i get it to come up maximized?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by 3223@4 March 2004 - 19:26
    thank for the IE tip but i have a dell keyboard (i have the model # if u need it) and it has 3 buttons at the top. 1 for outlook 1 for IE and 1 for search. when i press the IE button it dosent open maximized like the IE shortcut. how do i get it to come up maximized?
    go into internet explorer and set it to how you want (maximize it) then hold ctrl and click the x to close internet explorer. next time it opens it will remember the last size.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    usually you can configure what those buttons do

try look under keyboard in the control (but it could be anything, read you manual)

let the button open a shortcut that you have already configured to open ie maximized.

this may not work but i was able to change my friend's computer buttons this way. (i forgot what brand it was)

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    in the dell "button" configuration setup thingy - what is it called? -
    you can probably define in options what it launches - open it up - and make theie button launch the "shortcut"( which is set to "maximised"
    although i have a feeling i f you do that - youll get a screen saying - "windows cant open .ink open with?"
    wont hurt to try anyway

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    thanks all i configured 1 of the 3 useless buttons to open winamp. now the IE buttom open maximized. 1 last question..i used to have the original IE icon on my desktop..then i deleted it to make a shortcut and configure it to open maximized. well it said when i deleted the orginial icon if i want it back i can look in control panel..where in control panel can i get it back?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast