Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Religious, Agnostic, Or Aethiest?

Scoobydugan
    I'm agnostic......Religion just seems to fake for me...Think about it.....My opinion is that religion was something used to get people to be good back in the day. The punishment for breaking the rules(sinning) was going to hell...Now i think heaven and hell just represent your conscience. If you know you did something wrong and you think your going to hell then you will probably "repent" and not break anymore rules...the reward for being good is heaven...thinking you are a great person will make you want to stay that way, so heaven is just kinda to bribe you into being good....
    Just my 2 cents

2. Lounge   -   #2
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Not all religions have a "heaven" or a "hell."

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by Scoobydugan@7 March 2003 - 00:58
    I'm agnostic......Religion just seems to fake for me...Think about it.....My opinion is that religion was something used to get people to be good back in the day. The punishment for breaking the rules(sinning) was going to hell...Now i think heaven and hell just represent your conscience. If you know you did something wrong and you think your going to hell then you will probably "repent" and not break anymore rules...the reward for being good is heaven...thinking you are a great person will make you want to stay that way, so heaven is just kinda to bribe you into being good....
    Just my 2 cents
    Are you agnostic or atheistic. Please chose a side your post is not clear to me.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Poster
    I'm not sure about what I am.

I believe in God but I do not believe in religion.
    What am I?

5. Lounge   -   #5
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    I assume agnostic means a spiritualist. You believe in a god, but not neccesarily one defined by a religion.

If so, I am agnostic. I believe in life after death, but not nessesarily heaven or hell.
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by Merriam-Webster Online
    agnostic: a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and prob. unknowable; broadly : one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god
    It has nothing to do with spiritualism...

And I'm an atheist, btw.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Poster
    If an agnostic is what dwightfry described, then count me in.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    This site has a brief overview of agnosticism, if anyone was interested further.
    things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

9. Lounge   -   #9
    I'm christian. thats my name

and im also a christian. However, i disagree with many churchs, and have had my
    share of bad churches. Thus i don't go anymore. However I believe what i read
    in the bible, without a doubt. I can't say im the best christian, and i dont front.

I can't say im atheist because i believe there is a God, and can't say im agnostic,
    because im certain.

PS: My girlfriend's name is faith. Figure that one out

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by dwightfry@7 March 2003 - 01:59
    I assume agnostic means a spiritualist. You believe in a god, but not neccesarily one defined by a religion.

If so, I am agnostic. I believe in life after death, but not nessesarily heaven or hell.
    ag•nos•tic (ag nos‚tik) n.1. a person who holds that the existence of the ultimate cause, as a god or God, and the essential nature of things are unknown and unknowable. — adj.2. of or pertaining to agnostics or agnosticism. [1869; < Gk ágnŽst (os) , var. of ágnŽtos not known, incapable of being known ( a- A-6 + gnŽtós known, v. adj. of gign¤skein to KNOW) + -IC, after GNOSTIC]— ag•nos‚ti•cal•ly adv.

From Websters Elekronic Dixionary

Bye the way i dont give a shit aboot religion, reet

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast