Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Really Need Help With Windows Me

um if ya wanna keep me just use the restore function of the hp disks that u got with the comp, but its still me lol

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    actually, i had the same problem...like...so many years ago, i was young and naive and i deleted it, thought it was useless (on windows system directory??? )

get ur fren or anyone who's using winme to give u that file and paste it to ur windows system directory, that's how i solved mine

of coz u have to boot to dos first to do dat, good luck6
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Well guys I downloaded the bootdisk, renamed the file as outlined on here and it still is not working. I still get the same error I got before but now I also get that the vmm32.vxd file is missing or corrupt. What did I do wrong? I followed the directions on here carefully. What can I do to fix this?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Originally posted by delphin460@5 March 2004 - 02:12
    um if ya wanna keep me just use the restore function of the hp disks that u got with the comp, but its still me lol
    I tried once before for another reason to restore windows using the disk but the computer kept giving me the message that this was not the correct disk for this computer. I'm starting to think I need to loose winME.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Orange_Boy's Avatar Metal Head
    This is a waste of time even writing this but every one says Windows ME is the worst well ive had it for over 2 years and had no problems at all, Windows 98 has BUGS !!! thats why they brought out Windows 98 Special Edition because of the bugs in it
    also i downloaded loads of software, cracked stufff so my pc was being used to its full use yet i didnt have any problems with Windows ME, some one tell me what problems they had with there ME
    Coming Soon!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by Limp_bizkit_uk@8 March 2004 - 03:50
    some one tell me what problems they had with there ME
    Read the above. I'm having problems with ME and so far have not found a solution.

Anyone have any ideas?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    ...Glass tubes all look alike from the inside.
    Did you remember to run the winME SETUP like the first useful reply told you?

Should be able to re-install Me over the top of itself. All your old settings and stuff should be safe, and it'll actually load. I think thats what the original suggestion was.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    I was not able to determine how to run ME set up. Also, will it want the restore disks if I am able to run it? I tried sometime back for a different problem to re-install ME and I got messages that this was not the correct disks for this computer and it refused to re-install.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Poster

This is a waste of time even writing this but every one says Windows ME is the worst well ive had it for over 2 years and had no problems at all, Windows 98 has BUGS !!! thats why they brought out Windows 98 Special Edition because of the bugs in it
    also i downloaded loads of software, cracked stufff so my pc was being used to its full use yet i didnt have any problems with Windows ME, some one tell me what problems they had with there ME
    Hey thats my saying I too have had it 2yrs and do the same stuff on stuff off and have updated the machine twice without an hitch.Its what your used to not its "crap" how come you won't find one post for help from me unlike so many with XP.

Me puts the cabs and setup in your Windows\Options folder see if you can reinstall from there.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    i dun get it...why dun u just GET the ifshlp.sys file from someone else with winme??

that's the easiest solution, it applied to my case last time, just give it a try b4 u think about reinstalling
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast