Thread: Where Do You Stand?

Hey all just checked me e-mails today & found one dated the 03/03/04. It is a warning about my activities of P2P on the 13/01/04. Where do you stand with something like this?

Dear Member

We are writing on behalf of America Online, Inc., the provider of the AOL
    service to subscribers in the UK. America Online, Inc. has received a complaint
    from Business Software Alliance that your account was used to conduct the
    peer-to-peer exchange of copyrighted Software files owned by its members at the
    following date and time without permission from the copyright owners:

Jan 13 2004 02:45

Such alleged activity violates AOL's Conditions of Service (COS) available at
    Keyword: RULES. Please refrain from using your AOL account to exchange
    unauthorised copies of copyrighted materials.

Our COS department has placed a warning on your account as a result of this
    activity. Repeated violations of COS may result in termination of your account.

If the alleged activity was not conducted by yourself or a member of your
    family, but believe an unauthorised individual was using your AOL account at the
    dates and times identified above, please call us on 0800 376 7444 immediately
    so that we can take appropriate action to protect your account from future
    misuse.

Thank you for your cooperation.

If you have any further questions please email the screen name COSMonitor as
    this screen name cannot accept replies.

Regards,
    AOL UK Conditions of Service Department

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Get an IP blocked, also its just a wartning nothings going to happen.

Peerzyboy

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster
    Change to another ISP. For example, Eclipse or Pipex
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Originally posted by peerzyboy@6 March 2004 - 19:13

Peerzyboy
    where do you get a IP blocker, & i can change coz me stuck in for another 6 months with AOL

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Why in the name of everthing holly and unholly are ppl still on aol?

(Forgive my bad english)

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Originally posted by Maximus359+6 March 2004 - 19:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maximus359 @ 6 March 2004 - 19:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-peerzyboy@6 March 2004 - 19:13

Peerzyboy
    where do you get a IP blocker, & i can change coz me stuck in for another 6 months with AOL [/b][/quote]
    im not sure myself, i just know people do use them to mask illigal activaties.

Peerzyboy

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster
    change klient to azureus as it have a built in peerguardian,and its without doubt the best klient out there,especially now when they fixed the highcpuusage in the cvs versions

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    Has said above get an ip blocker, the best is peergarudian. It is free and updated othen. The only problem that I have had with it, is that it hogs a whole hell of a lot of system resources

the site is www.peerguardian.net

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Try getting a REAL isp
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Well i don&#39;t want to float ya boat, i have Peerguardian pr14, not arsed about CPU usage as i have P4 3.06 HT, so i think it maybe able to handle it & another few things.

The only thing is, i&#39;am not sure if i had PG at that date, it does sound right about the time as it only logs what time i tried & my comp is on 24/7, so i don&#39;;t where i could have been or DL from at the time.

So it&#39;s kinda freaky for me, as i don&#39;t want to get busted, not like i&#39;am a big fish. Well AOL sure does Suck, i made a mistake cause it was recommanded to me, boy was i wrong in signing the Agreement, but 6 months or so to go & i&#39;am finished with em for Good.