Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Suprnova Bk Up

That is my point....

They must me making a lot of money with so money visitors. If they cannot make enough money with so many visitors a day to pay for some servers, they are loosers.

And of course I can make a site like that, the site is not that complex. But to get the popularity like those guys have, no way, they are so unbelievable popular that everybody is too late to come even close. So there is no use of starting your own bittorrent site. Still I love the site, only I think they are loosers, because they obviously are not capable to make money out of it. And if they do make money out if it, they are stupid not to invest it.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by supernico@9 March 2004 - 19:37
    And of course I can make a site like that, the site is not that complex. But to get the popularity like those guys have, no way,
    I wasnt talking about the coding

I know to little about them as to judge it and I dont think anybody who isnt involved it the site can judge it

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Originally posted by supernico@9 March 2004 - 19:37
    That is my point....

They must me making a lot of money with so money visitors. If they cannot make enough money with so many visitors a day to pay for some servers, they are loosers.
    You obviously don't know what special requirements this kind of site needs.
    We're talking in the 8.000 dollar range here. (and that's probably not counting the tracker)

But those problems aren't the big issue. The issue is liability. If sloncek were to buy a server on his name he would be targeted in 0 seconds by the RIAA etc.
    That's why they 'spread' that liability by dividing the site between several mirrors.
    Of course the added bonus is that they spread server load and bandwidth too.

Personally I wouldn't even know how to start this kinda thing let alone maintain it and I rather doubt you do either.
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234