Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Improvements In Kazaalite/klr

the option to search for a minimum size for the file we are looking for is already present in kazaalite.in your case do the following:
    1. type for monster in the search bar
    2. select the video option below it
    3. select "more search options"
    4. tick the "size" box
    5. in the 2 drop down menus that appear select "at least" in the left one and "400 MB" in the right one & then click search.

you can use the search filter to exclude "monsters inc." from ur results just type the word "inc." in the box provided.be sure to remove it after ur search is complete.

coming back to the topic, searching for file types on the basis of extension wud b a great idea.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    U are right about the minimum size on the movie search. I wasn't talking about "video search", I was talking about the general search, where kazaa will search for any file (ZIP, TAR, AVI, MP3 etc) with the word "Monster" in it. U cannot set any minimum size under the "General search".
    I want to be able to have a "size" search criteria under the "general search".

Thks for the filter tip. I never thought of it !

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Hey! I share over 1000 Mp3's and 12 Gb of movies. I am happy with uploading to whoever, but I don't want anybody on my arse. Get the files throgh general search. As for moving the files around, KazaA lite should implement something like participation level in the original kazaa, but based on #of files and their volume. i share over 16 GB in 1300 files. Some share none. To leechers: Beware. Moved the file out the shared folder - share the folder you moved the file into.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    #4 to the list - Send the same chunk to many users
    This should increase speed of upload and download (overall at least) by 30 to god-knows-how-many % if you send to more than one user simultaneously (had 12 ppl downloading american wedding off me with speed of 5 - 12 Kb, when my pipe can go up to 128 upload). it also saves upload strain (upload is usually much lower than download speed)

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by Error403@6 March 2004 - 20:12
    You can forget about 1 and 2. That would require changing how the whole network works. And that is not possible.
    Number 2 I think theres a program that connects to FT that is capable of that. Although the program is still very buggy and "stole" part of its code it shares partial downloads.

Check TrustyFiles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12