Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playing Clips

Poster
    You know that on some sites if u click a link it will play the video in Internet Explorer..., how do u put that on a web-site, is it just a code or what?

Also, is there another way to play media files on internet without d/l them? Might b stupid question but oh well...

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Poster
    All you do is to put the video link up on a page, like this:

http://www.arap78.dsl.pipex.com/hayabusa.wmv

Then when someone clicks on it, they should have the option of viewing the video in their browser, playing it with a media player or downloading it.

You can't watch a video unless you download it. You can stream it (which means you download and watch at the same time), but you still end up downloading it
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Poster
    mine is in a .mpg file and when u click on it, it just starts d/l.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by browser@6 March 2004 - 18:41
    mine is in a .mpg file and when u click on it, it just starts d/l.
    What browser are you using?
    Are you just single left clicking on the link?
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    Poster
    Internet Explorer. Simple left click.... Should it be right click?

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    Poster
    another thing related to this... is it possible to run an "on-line TV station". Sort of a site that plays clips continuously.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    I believe microsoft frontpage can embed video in a web page where windows media player shows up in the actual web page to play the content.

Whatever you do make sure you let users know at the bottom of the page or something what browser is needed to view your site. Clicking on a wmv link in firefox or mozilla can freeze up the browser and display a bunch of junk characters if the mime types are not set accordingly in the user's browser.

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    Poster
    is there any html code for it?

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    h1
    Originally posted by shn@9 March 2004 - 05:38
    Clicking on a wmv link in firefox or mozilla can freeze up the browser and display a bunch of junk characters if the mime types are not set accordingly in the user's browser.
    Actually, it would be the server.

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by haxor41789+9 March 2004 - 13:55--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (haxor41789 &#064; 9 March 2004 - 13:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-shn@9 March 2004 - 05:38
    Clicking on a wmv link in firefox or mozilla&nbsp; can freeze up the browser and display a bunch of junk characters if the mime types are not set accordingly in the user&#39;s browser.
    Actually, it would be the server. [/b][/quote]
    You seem to know a bit about this.

Would you mind telling me why mine does that?

And what are all thoose bogus characters? I seem to notice it only happens if the file type is not specified in my browser settings, other than that it handles other file types fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast