Thread: Cria- Canadians Gonna Get Sued?

I recieved this e-mail from my ISP(Telus). Am I gonna get sued? They won't give my information away yet but if the debate over giving private informaton ends and the CRIA wins..will I get sued?.. Anyone else got e-mails like this and what can I do? btw I live in Canada. Please reply.

-----------------------------------
    Notice Of Copyright Complaint - <> - <> - - <>

We are writing to inform you that TELUS has received a complaint that alleges that your TELUS Internet Service account has been involved in copyright infringement. This complaint was traced back to your account based on the IP address used at the time of this activity.

Please note that TELUS has not provided any of your personal account information to the complainant. It is TELUS&#39; policy to disclose such information to a complainant only if ordered to do so by a court of law, which has not happened to date.

We do, however, want you to be aware that this complaint was received by us and offer you the following information that may be of help to you:
    If you are unaware of this type of activity originating from your account, you may wish to inquire with others who have access to your account.

If you are using a dial-up account, change the account password to ensure that only authorized users have access to it.

You may also want to check your system for viruses, which may explain why this sort of activity is originating from your account.

If you are not aware of our Acceptable Use Policy, which strictly prohibits use of our Service to infringe the copyrights of others, you may review at mytelus.com/internet. Please be aware that violation of this policy could result in disconnection of your Service.

Below is an excerpt from the complaint that we received regarding your account. We include it in this notice in an effort to help you identify the activity that is in question.

Dale
    TELUS Internet Services
    Internet Abuse Team
    [email protected]
    http://www.telus.net/aup.html
    http://www.telus.net/policies

* Please include the original email in any reply.

~~~

Excerpt from complaint:
    ---

-------
    Infringement Detail:
    Infringing Work: FINDING NEMO
    Filename: Finding_Nemo_(2003).mpg
    First Found: 24 Feb 2004 00:41:55 EST (GMT -0500)
    Last Found: 24 Feb 2004 00:41:55 EST (GMT -0500)
    Filesize: 1,025,413k
    IP Address: ***.***.***.**
    IP Port: 2711
    Network: FastTrack
    Protocol: FastTrack
    Username: qwertyuiopasdfghklzxcvbnm

-------

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    hey another guy had problems a while back.. he was gonna get in deep s**t.
    I think if you can prove there was a tracking bug on it for them to see you dl it then you can sue back and then they will shut up...
    Something like that.
    -Allan

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    heh..tracking bug?
    was he canadian too?