Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Burning Gamecube Games

I have a GameCube and a bunch of games. Unfortunately, I also have a little brother who doesn't understand what putting a game back in the case means. A lot of my games got scratched pretty bad. Is there anyway I can make back-up copies of the GCN games I own and let my brother play those and those to friends houses?

2. Games   -   #2
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    yes. but u need special discs. there's a bunch o game images on suprnova.org

3. Games   -   #3
    Do you think you could elaborate a little bit?
    1. What are these special discs? How much are they and where do I get them? Also, my burner is a DVD+RW
    2. Will I need to get a mod chip for my GameCube? Or can I get a boot disc?
    3. I don't want to download games. They take way too long, and it's probably a lot more illegal that burning games I already own. Is there a way I could copy the games I have?
    4. Is this process difficult to do? I've burned DreamCast games before, is this more difficult?

Thank you for your quick reply and any follow-ups will be greatly appreciated. I'm so sick of seeing ym brother carelessly handle discs and wind up scratching them...

4. Games   -   #4
    could be. u need a mod chip. i'm not sure wat the name of those small discs are called.

5. Games   -   #5
    Hwere can I get a GameCube modchip? Also, I heard something about streaming the games over a network. How would this work?

6. Games   -   #6
    muchspl2
    thats the only way I know, I'm pretty sure you cannot make a hard copy

7. Games   -   #7
    Originally posted by muchspl2@6 March 2004 - 23:53
    thats the only way I know, I'm pretty sure you cannot make a hard copy
    then how do those guys make images? if u can make images,u can burn the images that u make onto another disc

8. Games   -   #8
    KazaaBoy's Avatar Nothing On The Moon.
    Let me put this so everyone can understand why you can't burn GameCube games.

The GameCube CD's are 1.5 GB in size and are like a mini-disc. All CD/DVD readers/writers read and burn CD's from inside going outwards. The GameCube does it the other way around, so only the GameCube can understand them. Even if you burn a mini-CD the GameCube will not read them and there is no such thing as a chip.

Some people claim to have downloaded GameCube games from suprnova.org which is true because they are real games and now you're wondering how they did it? Well, you have to get some sort of card and a LAN cable and other things to make the whole process work and play the GameCube games on your computers because you won't be able to burn them. I have seen that article, I wish I saved it, I will look for it again and if I find it I will inform you. Other then that you can't burn GameCube games or back them up ever.

9. Games   -   #9
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+7 March 2004 - 01:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power @ 7 March 2004 - 01:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-muchspl2@6 March 2004 - 23:53
    thats the only way I know, I&#39;m pretty sure you cannot make a hard copy
    then how do those guys make images? if u can make images,u can burn the images that u make onto another disc [/b][/quote]

10. Games   -   #10
    Originally posted by KazaaBoy@7 March 2004 - 08:20
    Let me put this so everyone can understand why you can&#39;t burn GameCube games.

The GameCube CD&#39;s are 1.5 GB in size and are like a mini-disc. All CD/DVD readers/writers read and burn CD&#39;s from inside going outwards. The GameCube does it the other way around, so only the GameCube can understand them. Even if you burn a mini-CD the GameCube will not read them and there is no such thing as a chip.

Some people claim to have downloaded GameCube games from suprnova.org which is true because they are real games and now you&#39;re wondering how they did it? Well, you have to get some sort of card and a LAN cable and other things to make the whole process work and play the GameCube games on your computers because you won&#39;t be able to burn them. I have seen that article, I wish I saved it, I will look for it again and if I find it I will inform you. Other then that you can&#39;t burn GameCube games or back them up ever.
    Yeah, but those dudes in China are doing it, so, it might be possible....I dont doubt you though, Im just sayin&#39;....those cats in China know how to pirate their shit....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast