Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Australian Grand Prix

cowswithguns's Avatar Poster
    I agree. Ferrari have the edge and seem to have had for a while. They very rarely seem to miss a beat. How long do you think Schumacher will continue racing? He doesn't have anything to prove these days.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Originally posted by cowswithguns@7 March 2004 - 11:42
    I agree. Ferrari have the edge and seem to have had for a while. They very rarely seem to miss a beat. How long do you think Schumacher will continue racing? He doesn't have anything to prove these days.
    I don't think it's about proving anything, or even the money. He wants to be recognised as the greatest F1 driver ever. So he will keep going for a few years, as long as he can be bothered to stay fit enough I suppose.

To be honest I am more impressed with what he did at Benetton than his current performances. To me it really is primarily the car which is far superior, rather than him. Don't get me wrong, he is a fantastic driver, but I think his level of domination is exaggerated by the mega superior machine.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by internet.weather@7 March 2004 - 11:02
    I don't think it's about proving anything, or even the money. He wants to be recognised as the greatest F1 driver ever. So he will keep going for a few years, as long as he can be bothered to stay fit enough I suppose.

To be honest I am more impressed with what he did at Benetton than his current performances. To me it really is primarily the car which is far superior, rather than him. Don't get me wrong, he is a fantastic driver, but I think his level of domination is exaggerated by the mega superior machine.
    He just coincidentally manages to beat his teammates then?
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    The thin gI hate about teh F1 is that only 3 types of teams can win and forget about the rest it's just boring

Schumacher is unstoppable

Ferrari McLaran Williams

forget the rest no chance

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by Adster@7 March 2004 - 12:25
    The thin gI hate about teh F1 is that only 3 types of teams can win and forget about the rest it's just boring

Schumacher is unstoppable

Ferrari McLaran Williams

forget the rest no chance
    Renault were close to Ferrari in the race
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Poster
    i started watching then went for a ride on the motorcycle
    I survived the great winter 03/04 depression

KLCasualties:
    J'Pol - MIA / internet.news - KIA / Snny - MIA
    Billy_Dean - KIA / <s>fugley - MIA</s> / FuNkY CaPrIcOrN - MIA

Need some time alone?

7. Lounge   -   #17
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    I started wtching but fell sleep around 20 laps from the end.

I knew who would win anyway though

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Originally posted by 4th gen+7 March 2004 - 12:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 7 March 2004 - 12:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-internet.weather@7 March 2004 - 11:02
    I don&#39;t think it&#39;s about proving anything, or even the money. He wants to be recognised as the greatest F1 driver ever. So he will keep going for a few years, as long as he can be bothered to stay fit enough I suppose.

To be honest I am more impressed with what he did at Benetton than his current performances. To me it really is primarily the car which is far superior, rather than him. Don&#39;t get me wrong, he is a fantastic driver, but I think his level of domination is exaggerated by the mega superior machine.
    He just coincidentally manages to beat his teammates then? [/b][/quote]
    It is well known that Schumacher gets the better treatment and rightly so, he is the number 1 driver and get treated as such. He is a better driver than Barrichello, but so are several other people. That&#39;s just my point. Would you say that Barrichelo is the second best F1 driver just now, because I wouldn&#39;t. The car is that good that he runs second to Schumacher, ahead of people who I think are better drivers than him.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by internet.weather@7 March 2004 - 17:21
    It is well known that Schumacher gets the better treatment and rightly so, he is the number 1 driver and get treated as such. He is a better driver than Barrichello, but so are several other people. That&#39;s just my point. Would you say that Barrichelo is the second best F1 driver just now, because I wouldn&#39;t. The car is that good that he runs second to Schumacher, ahead of people who I think are better drivers than him.
    You&#39;ll probably think I&#39;m being faecitious, but I really do. He regularly gets close to Schumi&#39;s times (if not beats them). The best comparison in F1 is between a driver and his teammate. Schumi beats Barrichello most of the time, but the margin is not so great.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by internet.weather@7 March 2004 - 17:21
    So Schuey gets better treatment, but Barrichello isn&#39;t the second best F1 driver? Even though he was pushing Schuey until he developed a brake problem?

You may be right about not being second best driver, but your reasons for stating it are a little flawed. With poor brakes, to finish only 21 seconds ahead of Alonso and 47 seconds ahead of Ralf Schumacher obviously the guy must be some sort of dummy.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast