Thread: History Of Us Presidents

ashutosh_cool16's Avatar Internet Addict
    Make sure you pay careful attention to each word in this quiz. There are no trick questions. To avoid any confusion, all references in this quiz to presidents and vice presidents refer only to the office of President or Vice President of the United States, and are always capitalized. The word "presidency" is not capitalized in this quiz, and refers to a period of time during which one person continuously serves as President.

The final answer is a whole number, not having a decimal point.

Here's the quiz....

1. First find the year that Abraham Lincoln was born.
    2. Multiply that year by the number of letters in the most common first name among the Presidents.
    3. Add to that result the number of full calendar years that FDR was President.
    4. Subtract from that result the sequential number of the presidency that was served by a man who was never elected President or Vice President.
    5. Divide that result by the number of letters in the last name of the President who served two terms, but not consecutively.
    6. Add to that result the number of persons who have served as President.
    7. Add to that result the sequential number of the presidency of the first President to have the same last name as a former President.
    8. Divide that result by the minimum age required to be President.
    9. Multiply that result by the number of Presidents whose formal first names begin with the letter "J".
    10. Multiply that result by the number of Presidents whose formal first name begins with a vowel.
    11. Add to that result the number of Presidents who had previously been Vice Presidents.
    12. Multiply that result by the number of Presidents who never had a Vice President serving with them at any time during their presidency.
    13. Subtract from that result the number of Presidents who took office as a result of the death of a sitting President.
    14. Add to that result the year of death of the President who served just one month.
    15. Multiply that result by the number of times the letter "O" appears in the combined first and last names of the first President to be awarded a Nobel Prize.
    16. Divide that result by the number of Presidents who have been impeached.
    17. Subtract from that result the number of former Presidents who were still living as of March 1, 2004.
    18. Add to that result the number of letters in the full name of the oldest man to be elected President.
    19. Multiply that result by the number of Presidents who were assassinated.
    20. Subtract from that result twice the number of Presidents who resigned from office.
    21. Divide that result by the number of Presidents who had first ladies who were not their wives

Take your time....
    [IMG]http://img272.echo.cx/img272/9836/band8sw.gif[IMG]

2. Lounge   -   #2
    hmm...thats to many directions n stuff...can ya just tell us what the number is?

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    I bet the number is like 13 or 666 something like that
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

4. Lounge   -   #4
    I know its supposed to be a whole number, but I got 54630.756. I'm gonna try again. I think I know where I screwed up.

EDIT: I know where I screwed up but Im not going back and doing that again. Took like an hour and a half.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Even I do not know the answer.... That is why i have posted this...

6. Lounge   -   #6
    can anybody try this?

7. Lounge   -   #7
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Do you include the seven presidents prior to Lincoln?
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by ashutosh_cool16@7 March 2004 - 06:37
    Make sure you pay careful attention to each word in this quiz. There are no trick questions. To avoid any confusion, all references in this quiz to presidents and vice presidents refer only to the office of President or Vice President of the United States, and are always capitalized. The word "presidency" is not capitalized in this quiz, and refers to a period of time during which one person continuously serves as President.

The final answer is a whole number, not having a decimal point.

Here's the quiz....

1. First find the year that Abraham Lincoln was born.
    2. Multiply that year by the number of letters in the most common first name among the Presidents.
    3. Add to that result the number of full calendar years that FDR was President.
    4. Subtract from that result the sequential number of the presidency that was served by a man who was never elected President or Vice President.
    5. Divide that result by the number of letters in the last name of the President who served two terms, but not consecutively.
    6. Add to that result the number of persons who have served as President.
    7. Add to that result the sequential number of the presidency of the first President to have the same last name as a former President.
    8. Divide that result by the minimum age required to be President.
    9. Multiply that result by the number of Presidents whose formal first names begin with the letter "J".
    10. Multiply that result by the number of Presidents whose formal first name begins with a vowel.
    11. Add to that result the number of Presidents who had previously been Vice Presidents.
    12. Multiply that result by the number of Presidents who never had a Vice President serving with them at any time during their presidency.
    13. Subtract from that result the number of Presidents who took office as a result of the death of a sitting President.
    14. Add to that result the year of death of the President who served just one month.
    15. Multiply that result by the number of times the letter "O" appears in the combined first and last names of the first President to be awarded a Nobel Prize.
    16. Divide that result by the number of Presidents who have been impeached.
    17. Subtract from that result the number of former Presidents who were still living as of March 1, 2004.
    18. Add to that result the number of letters in the full name of the oldest man to be elected President.
    19. Multiply that result by the number of Presidents who were assassinated.
    20. Subtract from that result twice the number of Presidents who resigned from office.
    21. Divide that result by the number of Presidents who had first ladies who were not their wives

Take your time....
    why?
    I survived the great winter 03/04 depression

KLCasualties:
    J'Pol - MIA / internet.news - KIA / Snny - MIA
    Billy_Dean - KIA / <s>fugley - MIA</s> / FuNkY CaPrIcOrN - MIA

Need some time alone?

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Originally posted by bigboab@8 March 2004 - 14:48
    Do you include the seven presidents prior to Lincoln?
    all US presidents....