Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help...more Sources Always Pops Up.

:helpsmile: I have used Kazaa Lite for a long time and just recently uninstalled old versions of everything and made sure to get rid of old files and then downloaded all new versions so that I would be current. I've never had any trouble before but after downloading just two songs without problems, all I get is "connecting" and then the name of person I am getting file from and then "more sources needed" on every file on every download in the list. I also noticed that no one is ever uploading. I made sure that I had that enabled as well. I went in and checked to see if my supernode had my correct IP address(I read that in one of the posts and it seemed to help a lot of people) - I disabled firewall on my Windows XP - I made sure TCP/UP was allowed - and also read through the FAQ and help files all to no avail. I went back and used the connection wizard to be sure that the default settings were reset again to be sure that I didn't mess anything up when trying to fix things. Some info on my set-up - I am on a wireless notebook set-up using Windows XP. I believe my memory is sufficient and I made sure no programs were running at the same time. I am on a Comcast cable hookup. My Memory specs are free RAM is 523MB - available virtual memory 957 MB - available virtual space 1447MB - available total memory 1735 MB. Sorry if I am leaving some vital info out but let me know and I will provide it. I have wasted enough time trying to figure this out on my own. Could somebody help? The only thing I can think of is that it has something to do with my wireless hookup? I made sure that the main computer has the firewall disabled as well. PLEASE HELP!! Oh and where do I find the SPEED UP for download. I thought that was an extra tool to help make my downloads faster if I ever get a download. thanks for any and all advice. Sorry for the novel. I just want this fixed. cscally

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    so are you behind a router?? if so you need to forward the port for klite and then get kanat.

if you have done all of that then its the sources for you file

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    :confused: Sorry but I am not the greatest with computers so I will need a little more direction - how do I find out if I am on a router ? I mean where do I look to find out that info and then where do I find out the port? Once I get the answer to that - how do I forward the port for Klite ? and what is kanat ?? and How do I get that? As far as it being not enough sources for my file-I have never had every single download I try come up as "more sources needed" and it pops up so fast it seems that it can't find the sources not that there isn't enough of them. Sooo- I am sure it must be the router deal. Please advise me further and just let me know if it is easier to do this through e-mail as for some reason I get the feeling this is gonna be harder than it looks. Thanks for the help Could I please have further instructions??? ttfn cscallywags

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    BANNED
    ok well lets take it step at a time, how many pc are there in the house and how do you connect to the internet??

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    :"> Hello, sorry for acting like I am nitwit, I do have some knowlege as far as my computers go - so whatever you need to know just ask away, if it is a question with Kazaa, just let me know where to look as I do believe I am clueless. Okay, here is some info on my connections. There are three computers in my home that connect to the internet with high speed cable through a Linksys Wireless access point router. My computer is hooked up to this network with a Microsoft wireless notebook adapter. I made sure that the firewall was disabled on main computer and my own. I also use Norton's Antivirus so if that is a problem let me know although I have always used it with KL without changing the settings and without problems. When you asked if I was on a router and if I was - to forward the port, what exactly did you mean? Where do I find the port? I looked through my connections and I've got so many different numbers(IP, DHCP but no listing for the Port) it gets a little confusing. Thanks a lot for the help as it is really appreciated!! I'll wait to hear from ya. ttfn cscally

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Old Fella
    Following quote from Musleman on another thread:

go to klite>options>klite options>firewall>here you will find the port klite uses, now take that port, call your linksys router tech support and ask them to forward that port.

then get kanat .

you also might want to get the new version which is klr2.5.0

for updates and more info go here and have a look    

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    [QUOTE=Cyril,10 March 2004 - 20:05]Following quote from Musleman on another thread:
    go to klite>options>klite options>firewall>here you will find the port klite uses, now take that port, call your linksys router tech support and ask them to forward that port.
    Hi ...... I seem to be following all my entertwined problems around in a bunch of different threads over the last day or two, so sorry if that's a PITA but so far no responses.
    I am also having router problems, and blonde enough to be completely confused by the site I have to go use to change my settings. If only it was as simple as > call your linksys router tech support etc < I could pass the buck to someone who has a clue&#33; I&#39;ve had a shot at it, but obviously didn&#39;t get it right (no surprises there)&#33;
    Could some kind, clever soul have a look at this Speedtouch 510 page > http://10.0.0.138 < and help me with &#39;Instructions for Idiots&#39; as to what port numbers go where? I know I need to go to &#39;Advanced> NAT" to enter ports etc ; info gleaned from badly translated Dutch (not German as I thought) instructions but from there on the translation is pretty vague. (Could be me &#33; )
    It may help to see my 2 previous posts for more detail ? The first one is in the &#39;Red X&#39;s&#39; thread, the other in &#39;Downloads All Stop At 32768 Kb&#39;.
    And yeah ......... I got more problems than you can poke a stick at&#33; I just wanna be able to download, as well as upload&#33; (Which are going out at a roaring pace&#33
    C&#39;mon someone please, :helpsmile: the dummy&#33;??
    Thanks heaps if you can
    Lysdexic

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Old Fella
    Okay, exactly which problems are you having as you have posted in 3 diferent one&#39;s, and here you state you are having router problems, but how do you know.
    Red XXX&#39;s are other people behind a router. You can not download from these people so in Options, under Filer tick the box that says filter files I can not download due to firewall.

If you are having problems with router you need to find out what port KL is connecting through and set your router to that port (sorry, I don&#39;t have a router so not sure how that works) then download KNAT - try getting from HERE and hopefully that will be partly self explanantory.

If you haven&#39;t tried any of these solutions give them a whirl and come back if still not working.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    First up, thanks for your speedy response, it&#39;s appreciated. And sorry, I *have* managed to be all over the place a bit. Now is a good time to point out that I have 2 PC&#39;s connected to this ADSL router; one W98se, the other XP. All problems are occurring on both PC&#39;s, whether concurrently connected or not. I&#39;m still using K-Lite 2.4.3, and realise this is likely part of my problems, particularly on the W98 one. ( I have tried to install various newer K-Lite versions on the 98 PC, as trying to keep XP one a clean, uncluttered registry.) I got various assorted errors each time so decided for now to persevere with 2.4.3. Specially as there are new, different versions popping up like rabbits, it&#39;s hard to know which to have a shot at.

Problem 1. Since going from dial-up to ADSL last Sept, nearly all of my then current downloads have just sat where they were i.e. no progress. I see some of the users listed in my searches sometimes, and they neither pick up the existing downloads, nor will pick up if I click to restart it new. Some maybe just permanently off line now, but surely some should kick in again? I burnt the dat. files from my original W98 PC to copy over to new XP PC, and a couple did finish off, but most are just still sitting there, on both.

Problem 2. The damn Red X&#39;s&#33; (They are, of course, always on the files I&#39;m hunting, which are harder to find music vid clips). I understand the &#39;behind a firewall&#39; bit, but thought that it was either they *and/or I* were behind one. I know I am, as my Speedtouch 510 4 port router comes with one, and there&#39;s the XP one as well.(again tho, same problems both OS&#39;s and no Zone Alarm etc installed.) I&#39;ve read many times, here and other places, that if the router&#39;s incoming ports are configured properly then the dreaded Red X&#39;s are no longer a problem. And yes, I could just tick the &#39;filter files I cannot.. etc&#39;, but it doesn&#39;t solve the problem. I know those files I want are there&#33;
    I have entered in the correct incoming port (3467) into the config page/site and still no joy, so I assume I&#39;ve not done it correctly.

Problem 3. Downloads Stop At (in my case) 16,384kb. These 4 downloads are all from the same user, are various sizes, and he appears to be trying to resume the downloads but can&#39;t pick them up. So of the very few d/l&#39;s that were working, 4 of them are now &#39;hung&#39;. I saw a response to this problem, to defrag, then try them, which worked for the original poster, but did not work for me.

So there it is, in all it&#39;s glory, hopefully having covered all I need to&#33; (tho unlikely
    Thanks again
    Lysdexic

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    If you have a router, you MUST:
    1.Set up the router to ip port-forward (either with standard port-forwarding, port triggers, or DMZ) the ip port KL++ uses TO the computer KL++ is running on.
    2.Have KaNAT CONSTANTLY RUNNING and replacing the LAN ip found in KL++ with the real WAN (internet) ip every minute or faster.
    3.Disabling any further firewalls in the router and any software firewalls on the computer -- OR allowing KL++ unblocked access through those firewalls.

Failing to do ANY ONE OF THEM will GUARENTEE that you are FIREWALLED and cannot download from ANY other firewalled user.

It may even cause problems when trying to download from NOT-firewalled user -- possibly resulting in you only getting 8/16/32 MB of a file before failing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast