Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Getting New Computer

I don't know if Dell are the same overseas are they are in Australia, but here, Dell's suck. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too over-priced, held up with crap (usually the equivelant of Compaq crap) and usually, you can't fix them yourself, unless you have some kind of degree in fuzzy logic.

I reckon desktop's are better than notebooks too. I'd highly recommend revising exactly why you want a notebook and seeing if it is really worth it too.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    lolz more handheld? even tho its more or less gonna be at home... ... i dunnoz.... see alien desktops are nice and all but they don't have a monitor, keyboard and mouse!....

i dunno dells computer just seem cheap...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    still looking at different computers

so far i looked at
    alienware
    gateway
    dell
    sony

alienware is so expensive the others are in hundreds to thousands.... but alienware is nice but it doesnt come w/ monitor, mouse or keyboard! and itself it already cost like $2000 for a nice one...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    I'd definitely build the thing myself if I was you, it is a WHOOOOOLE lot cheaper than buying it with an overpriced brand name like Dell, Sony, etc.

lol no skilled at building one...
    onli 14!!!!
    lol.. dunno all da parts... sooo... not going to try...

still want a notebook parents wont get me one...

say: too much errors, no use... already have a computer... we will get you a new one when your brother goes off to college in the summer lol
    Come on man, I've built 3 computers so far and I turned 15 this past October! You can do it!

If you don't feel up to it.... .....you should do like neevakee said and buy it off of Ebay.com, or use Pricewatch.com to buy a complete system (Or BUILD it )

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    heheh.... hmmm.... lol.... i dunt trust ebay... priceway seems confusing... im goign to check out newegg... lol... ....

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    i mentioned this in one of your other posts.... What is your budget, what do u want it do to? if you shop around and build it yourself you will save a bundle and you'll also have some experience for when you want to upgrade. Its not hard to build one, just grab a "How to build a PC" guide from gamespot and if you have any problems/questions than were right here with ya

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    ummm budget is probably less then 2000 around 1500 i think.... im not exactly sure.... its a personal computer... so im going to use it for gaming mostly...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    yea pricewatch is a bit confusing, but I've found the prices to be lower than newegg.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Poster
    ok well I just quickly looked stuff up at Newegg.com so prices are american:
    Epox 8RDA+ - $108
    AMD ATHLON XP 2800 Barton - $367
    Western Digital 80bg hard drive 7200rpm - $92
    KINGSTON 512MB pc2700DDR ram - $59.50
    Sapphire ATI RADEON 9700 Atlantis PRO 128MB - $309
    MSI CD-ROM 52X - $17
    Any floppy drive - $5
    and you could probably get yourself a neat case with a 350PSU for around $60

That adds upto $1017.50, youll have to add that tax on, cause i am from canada and dont know what American tax is. That would a pretty nice computer for gaming in my opinion for the budget you have. This does not include monitor/keyboard/mouse/speakers, assuming you have those already.

One thing about the Epox motherboard that is a good board for overclocking, if your not planning on overclocking I'd suggest eitehr sticking with that one or going with any other Nforce2 based motherboards.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    intrestin.... where would i find a shell..... does all shells work if you make one yourself? since i can copy alienware's format ... i hope it includes everything

can someone tell me if all parts are there when you buy alienware computer...

www.alienware.com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast