Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Getting New Computer

what do you mean by overcloaking?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Poster
    Ooops almost forgot to say that all that stuff was from Newegg.com... i would have editted my post, but no images are showing

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    no u said all things were from neweggs...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Poster
    well overclocking is when you make your cpu or video card go faster than what it comes with (refered to as stock). Overclocking your cpu will void your warranty so if you absolutly know your doing than go for it, but for the time being dont worry about it

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    okay then lolz

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    alienware is a ripoff

pretty much any hardware online store will put together a machine for you these days

www.cyberpowerpc.com is where i go if i am gonna get a prebuilt dell.com if you want a big name brand the only thing that keeps me away from them is how gay their commercials are

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    lolol.... i saw some other thing that was cheaper....

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Build your own man, you will thank yourself later.

I had no clue hardware wise. Went, bought pcworlds, or someones, "learning series" type crap, on how to build a pc. Now, I know plenty hardware wise, build pcs for other people, and can upgrade my pc at any time, as I have plenty of room, and know exactly what will work in my system, and what wont.

Went though, made a list of the mandatory hard ware i needed, (and that I could port over from old pc for a bit, cost wise), then i went to price watch, and some of the great hard ware sites and checked out what they recommended.

My pc is actually almost identical to one that Sharkey Extreme recommended parts wise over a year ago. They make these extreme, value, and high end pc recommendations every few months.

Here is the current "value" budget one they recommend building. Value PC to build yourself. Not that u have to follow it exact or anything, but its a good start. Mine was actually a mix of their extreme and high end systems back in march of last year.

So check it out, they make it easy, to see what you need, and they are great when it comes to hardware. They even show u list "base" prices. And then u can go hunt for ur parts on pricewatch, or newegg if u must.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    Dell and Gateway or both great companies, IMO. Stay away from HP/Compaq, they have always had their problems. Alienware is awesome too, but don't forget about Falcon Northwest.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    i will check it out

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast