Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Getting New Computer

neevakee's Avatar the bad spelller BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    If you have afriend who can do it bu the parts yourself and have him or her put it together for $50

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    Definetely build your own. Get a computer shopper and start from there . Find some good ads for componets (motherboards, vid cards etc.). Then start piecing one together. you can chose between OEM or retail (retail=warranty, Oem=no warranty but cheaper). Order the components and put it together yourself. I recomend getting a motherboard with front side bus of over 300. An AMD processer whatever ghtz , and a radeon 8500 or better . Of course it depends on your cash flow. If you use an AMD (they r much faster than pentiums) I highly recomend an alluminum case for they tend to run hot.dont skimp on the RAM a stick of ddr 512 only the best will do where this is concerned and a huge hard drive .This might sound like alot , but it is much cheaper than buying prebuilt and shipped name brand pcs and way cheaper than notebook computers. plus the satisfaction from building a custom pc that kicks ass is great.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Yeah, but if you dont want to build one yourself, and at 14 I can't see your mum letting you have the funds to try (well I wouldnt risk it) and if money is limited, you could always try the outlet stores of the major brands. I bought my pc from Dell outlet and got a great deal for about 200 less than if I bought it at normal price, plus you have a guarantee that is handy to have.

Lets face it, cock it up on the build, and mum is going to be really unhappy, you still wont have a computer and a considerable amount of money down the tubes. Its a possiblility that a 14yr old shouldnt have to worry about unless of course you are a comp wiz......in which case, go ahead, build one it is the cheapest option for the best system.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    Yea ok if your 14 yrs old and have to deal with your parents i recomend buying a dell. Im sure alot of ppl agree.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    okay i got it settled... i complied up alot of parts... im planing to build my own computer for like 900 dollars... i will use some internet guides to help me put the parts together... if anything i will get my cousin to help me but i think i can handle this...

wait up i will post the thread to the parts that i want...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    If you are buying a computer, I suggest you build your own. NewEgg and PriceWatch have the best deals. If you don't know how to build one, Dell/Alienware look the best [yet expensive].

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    umm dell costs cheap <-- but its tcpa... alienware is alot but not tcpa

i used newegg and based the stuff that i wanted my parts to be from alienware... it total to be &#036;900.. shipping like 40 --; alienware would of been 1600+ but this both includes no monitor

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    Well, if you really don&#39;t know what you are doing, then don&#39;t do it&#33; All these people here are savvy and assume that everyone else here is savvy, but you admitted that you aren&#39;t. Building a PC is easy for them, so that&#39;s what they suggest. But people who do not know how to do such a thing should not shouldn&#39;t kill themselves trying. DUDE, get a Dell&#33;

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    lolz dankz but i think im going to configure my own com itz cheaper... i looked at websites and the hard part is just

plugging in the processor, putting in video, sound card, and plug in wires... the wires i know where it goes since i always take out the Cd rom drive and stuff... i just don&#39;t know if theres anything else i should be aware of

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast