Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ctfmon

Poster
    I have CTFMON.EXE running every computer restart.
    I have disabled TEXT services AND SPEECH services(I dun use them at all).
    I have disabled any other languages in all programs than English US.
    The above proccess should not start if I don't have text and speech services
    enabled,, but it actually does.
    I remove it from my reg. and it enables it self back to start everytime...
    Pc is Virus free.

More info on the proccess:
    name:CTFMon.exe

companyMicrosoft)
    discribption: CTFMon comes with Microsoft Office XP and Windows XP – it activates the Alternative User Input Text Input Processor (TIP) and the Microsoft Office XP Language Bar. As long as the Text Services & Speech are enabled in the Control Panel, this program will force itself back into your list of background programs.

Recommendation :
    Disable “Text Services & Speech” in the Control Panel if you are not using them. Then, disable CTFMon using Startup Manager. (Note that if you use Word, Excel or PowerPoint to write in different languages, eg. English and Arabic, then you will be using “Text Services & Speech” facilities).
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Youll probably have to disable one service

check this site for which one (its closed now try later)

http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    use alt-ctrl-delete to end the ctfmon process then go to msconfig and stop it from starting up. has worked for me everytime.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    -site does not work.
    -I nu, but that will cause the msconfig to start in diagnostic mode.
    -I want to disable to the service(s) that use it.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    nu, but that will cause the msconfig to start in diagnostic mode.
    after u restart just click do not display this message box again or whatever then click okay and it wont come up again.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    In ms config utility I noticed something in the win.INI. Under the MSUCE>>CodePage=DOS: Arabic (WTF?).
    Why is it like that? that probably what&#39;s making ctfmon.exe start with win. I don&#39;t use that language, but what do you have it in YOUR computer? I will set it to whatever you have.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    h1
    msconfig doesn&#39;t catch everything, like HKLM&#092;Software&#092;Microsoft&#092;Windows&#092;CurrentVersion&#092;RunServices. Use Spybot-S&D to clean it up.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    of course I did, but it creates a new reg key evertime. Like a pecie o&#39; s##t .
    Now I use msconfig and it still creates a new startup key, can any1 help :helpsmile:

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    h1
    Reboot in safe mode, go back into Spybot and uncheck everything that you&#39;re not sure you need.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Duh,&#33; it didn&#39;t work. CTFmon.exe still starts with windows
    I even DELETED it from winroot dir but it is fu***ing restores itself on reboot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast