Poster
    this is the most pointless thing since irish darts
    I survived the great winter 03/04 depression

KLCasualties:
    J'Pol - MIA / internet.news - KIA / Snny - MIA
    Billy_Dean - KIA / <s>fugley - MIA</s> / FuNkY CaPrIcOrN - MIA

Need some time alone?

3. Lounge   -   #3
    i just herd the shit on the radio then i called up a girl i know whio works there and she says yup soon they will not be supersizeing fries

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Poster
    do they really think this will stop obesety, or even help
    I survived the great winter 03/04 depression

KLCasualties:
    J&#39;Pol - MIA / internet.news - KIA / Snny - MIA
    Billy_Dean - KIA / <s>fugley - MIA</s> / FuNkY CaPrIcOrN - MIA

Need some time alone?

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    The reason they gave was the bullshit:

"To simplify our menu"

How much more simple was: "Give me a......number 2 and uhhh...super-size it."

They are caving in to the "diet clan".

Like Mcdonald&#39;s MAKES you go to Mcdonald&#39;s.

Those complaining bastard fat asses need to hit the treadmill, put down the grease burger, and STFU&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Originally posted by TARPD@8 March 2004 - 00:04
    do they really think this will stop obesety, or even help
    FECKIG FUCK they just want us to buy an extra fries have you seen the sixe o there normal fries puny im gonna go aneretsick

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Those fries will kill you&#33;&#33;&#33;

YoBounce

In 1993, a New Jersey man thought he was making great use of his time by eating and driving at the same time. Having propped a milkshake between his legs, he leaned over to the passenger seat to get his food from a McDonald&#39;s bag.

As he did so, his thighs inadvertently squeezed the frozen liquid out of the cup. The sudden shock distracted the driver and the car veered into another. The blame was put on the fast-food chain, which should have warned the man against eating while driving.
    Would You Like Fries With That Lawsuit?
    -- Special Edition: Part 1 --

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We’d like to welcome you to Part 1 of a two part special edition of the Lawyers Stink E-mail Newsletter. While the newsletter generally comes out once a month, we felt it was in the best interests of our subscribers to bring you this special edition series. As you may or may not know, a 56 year old man is now suing a number of fast food giants claiming that their food is to blame for his poor health. And we’re not talking just any kind of lawsuit, mind you. No, this super sized lawsuit is of the class action variety and specifically targets fast food behemoths McDonalds, Burger King, KFC and Wendy’s.

As predicted in our highly acclaimed book, It’s Time to Wake Up and Smell the Lawyers (click here to read excerpts), it was only a matter of time before America’s slithery lawsuit crazed legal community started trying to get their hands into the deep pockets of U. S. food companies. This class action whopper of a lawsuit claims, in a nutshell, that the cited companies sell foods that are high in salt, fat, cholesterol content and sugar which ostensibly cause a myriad of health related problems, including: obesity, diabetes, coronary heart disease, strokes, high blood pressure, cancers and other detrimental and adverse health effects and diseases. In other words, the fast food companies sell fast foods.

The overweight gentleman, who has been recruited as the “lead plaintiff” in this class action litigation shakedown, claims that eating at these the fast food chains caused a myriad of health related maladies, including obesity, diabetes and the two heart attacks he has suffered. He stated that he ate at these fast food restaurants four or five times a week out of necessity – since he was single, wasn’t a very good cook, the food was cheap and the service was quick.

His lawyer points out in his allegations that the big four defendants have been irresponsible and deceptive in the posting of the nutritional information about their food. Further (here’s where the lawyer and client believe the big bucks will come from), the lawyer claims that these fast food giants have created an addiction in their consumers – especially among the poor and the children. These downtrodden sorts just can’t help themselves. Sound familiar? It should.

It looks like the plaintiff and his lawyer are taking Burger King’s old jingle of “have it your way” a bit too far, doesn’t it? Come on, for crying out loud, who’s really being “irresponsible” and “deceptive” here? Did these members of “Big Fast Food” force the plaintiff to eat at their restaurants? Of course they didn’t. Is that individual, just like the rest of us in America, responsible for what he puts into his mouth? Of course he is. Are quarter pound burgers with cheese, chocolate milkshakes, Big Macs, French fries, a bucket of Colonel Sanders chicken (secret recipe and all) and the like addictive? Of course they’re not.

Maybe you like them and maybe you scarf them down like it’s going out of style, but addictive? Pu-leeeeeeeze -- get real. But that’s precisely the problem with these kind of nonsensical lawsuits. Getting real is not going to make the lawyers rich. And getting rich is the name of the game.

A responsible person would accept personal responsibility for what he or she consumes, but personal responsibility is in very short supply these days, especially with lawyers lurking at every corner. With their all too familiar refrain of “you may be entitled to compensation&#33;” resonating loud and clear across our country, we have become a nation of pitiable victims. Personal responsibility left the building about the time personal injury lawyers entered the scene.

And as far as this “deceptive” claim is concerned, what kind of nincompoop do you have to be to not know that cheeseburgers, french fries, fried chicken and drinks that come in half gallon cups might not be good for you? Do you really need a label telling you that the burger grease running down your cheek, as you stuff another super sized bite into your already super sized body, isn’t going to give you an hour glass figure or Adonis physique? Someone is being irresponsible and deceptive all right, but it’s not the fast food companies.

As an aside, do some skinny people eat at these fast food establishments? Of course they do. If eating fast food makes you obese, why aren’t these individuals on the chunky side as well? So does eating burgers and fries necessarily make you obese? Of course not. Could the lead plaintiff in this lawsuit gone into any of these restaurants and ordered some healthier choices? You bet – but where’s the money in that?

Now look, I don’t want to make light of this gentleman’s ongoing health problems. I’m sorry he is in ill health, but I do feel he should accept personal responsibility for what he eats. Instead, he wants us to believe that he was duped into believing that the food at these restaurants was good for him and that he is surprised to learn of the high calorie, fat and salt content in the food. Correct that, he and his attorney couldn’t care less what we believe; it’s what they can get a judge and jury to believe that counts.

OK, so what’s the merits of their case, at least in the view of the attorney and his plaintiff’s perspective? The attorney contends that the restaurants are responsible for his client’s corpulence and attendant health problems because each deceived his client into believing the fast food he was devouring was healthy. Additionally, the lawyer asserts these fast food companies should be required to list their foods ingredients on their menus. Menus? What menus? I don’t recall ever being handed a menu by the maitre-de when I have frequented these fast food chains. I guess he’s talking about the board on the back wall behind the counter with the list of food items.

Where are they going to list the ingredients there? Besides, these restaurants already have nutritional charts posted on their walls that show the caloric, salt and fat content of their offerings. Evidently, that’s not enough. The attorney has been quoted as saying, “There is a direct deception when someone omits telling people food digested is detrimental to their health.” Hey, counselor, maybe you should wake up and smell the coffee (or in McDonalds’ case, maybe spill the coffee). Is it some big scoop here that burgers and fries and fried chicken, fast food variety or not, are not exactly the ticket to a wafer thin figure?

By the way, calling any of these fast food joints a restaurant is something of a misnomer anyway, isn’t it? After all, if you’re looking for ambiance and five star quality, you’re looking in the wrong place. In reality, these fast food greasy spoons are basically filling stations. You pull in, fill ‘er up and get on down the road. Contrary to what the lawyer and his client would have us believe, what you “fill yourself up” with is left totally up to you.

When I eat at any of these or any other fast food place, I make a conscious effort to order items that are healthier in nature – like a salad, a bake potato without butter, a chicken sandwich without mayonnaise, etc. – and I never order burgers, fries and sugary sodas. It’s my choice and I make it. Does that mean that someone who orders a belt busting double meat whopper with cheese, super-duper sized fries and a 44 ounce Coke is doing anything wrong? Not at all. But if that person comes back later and tries to claim he or she couldn’t help themselves and is now demanding compensation by suing the restaurant, I not only think that is wrong, it is “irresponsible” and “deceptive” as well. Toss in opportunistic too.

And if the plaintiff, by his own admission, dined at these fast food emporiums four or five times a week, I’d like to know where he ate the rest of his other meals. I don’t think you get to tip the scales into the “tilt” category on only four or five meals a week, do you? I don’t think so. Additionally, did the plaintiff engage in any form of regular exercise or was he instead a couch potato? Let’s get a grip here. How often have we been told that eating sensibly and regular exercise is the ticket to a healthy lifestyle? Plenty of times.

Does any of this matter to the lawyer? Of course not. As a matter of fact, the lawyer is busily scurrying around to recruit a few more poster boys and girls to use as additional lead plaintiffs in the lawsuit. One appears to be a 57 year old retired nurse who evidently believes she ‘deserves a break today’ by claiming that her habit of eating at fast food restaurants at least twice a week for twenty five years caused hew to go from a size 6 to a super sized 18. In addition, she is now is allegedly suffering from hypertension, high cholesterol and a hyperthyroid problem as a direct result of eating fast food twice a week. Good grief. And this woman is a retired nurse. Shouldn’t she know a thing or two about nutrition? You would hope so.

Another potential plaintiff is a 59 year old man who states that his ritual of eating a pound of french fries weekly caused him to suffer from diabetes, high blood pressure and made him obese and forced to walk with a cane. He claims to have passed out in 1993 and had to be rushed to the hospital emergency room because of diet related medical problems. That was nine years ago&#33; Might that little incident have been a warning to him way back then to knock off the french fry habit? Again, common sense would say yes, but common sense doesn’t seem to have a lot to do with these lawsuits, does it?

This sue the big boys script comes right out of the “Big Tobacco” lawsuit play book. You should have the game plan memorized by now. It’s important to remember that in order to pull off an effective class action subterfuge, it is essential to claim the following: 1) the companies knew the product was bad for you, 2) the companies knowingly concealed it and 3) the company created helpless victims who couldn’t resist the additive qualities of the product. Then the lawyers need to trot out somebody who allegedly got sick by consuming the product (AKA the lead plaintiff or plaintiffs), cite that a whole bunch of other folks may have been affected and wait for the big payday.

You can bet your bottom dollar that this case is just the start of a never ending string of civil lawsuits that are sure to be hurled at every deep pocketed fast food restaurant by get rich quick lawyers and their fast food junkie clientele. Maybe McDonalds, Burger King, KFC and Wendy’s should offer a lawsuit drive through window to keep our lawsuit mad society happy. Burgers, fries and a lawsuit … to go.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Originally posted by Busyman@8 March 2004 - 00:06

Those complaining bastard fat asses need to hit the treadmill, put down the grease burger, and STFU&#33;&#33;&#33;
    stop complaining and hit the treadmills sorry im not much for cardio, put down the greece burger what then go cook for myself WTF do i look like Martha STeuart? mabey wearing and apron and cooking up a storm is for you mabey you got a housewife? but im not married and i feel cooking is a females job so ill stick with the mcdicks besiides all that greece and fat helps to gain weight

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Originally posted by SensualBarfing@7 March 2004 - 20:07
    Those fries will kill you&#33;&#33;&#33;

YoBounce

In 1993, a New Jersey man thought he was making great use of his time by eating and driving at the same time. Having propped a milkshake between his legs, he leaned over to the passenger seat to get his food from a McDonald&#39;s bag.

As he did so, his thighs inadvertently squeezed the frozen liquid out of the cup. The sudden shock distracted the driver and the car veered into another. The blame was put on the fast-food chain, which should have warned the man against eating while driving.
    I wonder if he won.

Dumb shit like that happens in America all the time.
    People blaming others for their shit for brainsness.

I hate our litigation system sometimes.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Originally posted by DrunkeNStylE+7 March 2004 - 20:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DrunkeNStylE @ 7 March 2004 - 20:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@8 March 2004 - 00:06

stop complaining and hit the treadmills sorry im not much for cardio, put down the greece burger what then go cook for myself WTF do i look like Martha STeuart? mabey wearing and apron and cooking up a storm is for you mabey you got a housewife? but im not married and i feel cooking is a females job so ill stick with the mcdicks besiides all that greece and fat helps to gain weight [/b][/quote]
    You like mcdicks??

WTF is that?

You like Irish men?

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast