Thread: Quick Ringtone Questions For My Phone

I know the "Cellular phone ringtone" topic has been beaten to death on this website... but I still got questions. I read through many of the posts, but most talk about downloading ringtones, where to download them, etc...

I just got a new phone, Motorola T731, US Cellular service. Now... i don't want to buy ringtones, i'll end up buying hundreds of dollars worth. If I want to connect to my computer and download ringtones from my harddrive to the phone what will I need? Do i need software and hardware, or just the link cord. Also, what formats do these new phones use? The manual mentioned midi I think, but someone told me *.wav works too. Oh yeah, and if anyone has this phone... where are the games? I can't find them, and the manual doesn't go into games (but the motorola website says its preloaded with 1 game).

Thanks for any info!

2. Lounge   -   #2
    :helpsmile: well at least you can download music on yours i cant get any on my V60i please let me know what to do. (also on my LG5450) Both are alltel phones>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> please reply
    :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by mojo2185@7 March 2004 - 21:29
    I know the "Cellular phone ringtone" topic has been beaten to death on this website... but I still got questions.  I read through many of the posts, but most talk about downloading ringtones, where to download them, etc...

I just got a new phone, Motorola T731, US Cellular service.  Now... i don't want to buy ringtones, i'll end up buying hundreds of dollars worth.  If I want to connect to my computer and download ringtones from my harddrive to the phone what will I need?  Do i need software and hardware, or just the link cord.  Also, what formats do these new phones use?  The manual mentioned midi I think, but someone told me *.wav works too.  Oh yeah, and if anyone has this phone... where are the games? I can't find them, and the manual doesn't go into games (but the motorola website says its preloaded with 1 game).

Thanks for any info!
    More than likely your phone is wap enabled. You can either buy a data cable and some software or you can go to tagtag on your phone and download ringtones, games, and pictures for free.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Thanks for the replies. I would like to use the data cable method. I bought a datacable from radio shack that connects using USB. As far as I know, i have the USB drivers installed for my phone. I think I need to use the Motorola PST software, but am not sure exactly what it does/how to use it to upload ringtones. So if anyone can offer tips, that would be cool.

As far as downloading off my browser, i'm attempting to avoid using it. According to the US Cellular guy, the cost is $.02 (2 cents) per kilobyte downloaded. This can add up VERY quickly.

Thanks
    mojo

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Well. the WAP is very expensive thus useless. (atleast in here)
    I dont know about that particular model but i think the latest phones
    has Bluetooth or USB or something like that to connect it to your PC,
    then you need the Software which spose to be available from the Company
    who makes the phone, comes with handy manuals usually...

About midi and Wav, you need to understand that Wav files are much bigger
    files than Midi, there would be an issue about memory... )

Midi is cool, for poluphonic ringtones. Meaning, your phone will play several
    "sounds" at the same time.

Look for your favorite song on the web as Midi, download it, then listen to it,
    then edit it if needed, then upload it to yor phone.

Why does ppl still pay for ringtones? I dont know.

Also, search the p2p apps, i saw a file that had like 50k ringtones. I didnt DL it as
    my phone is older model and uses non-plyphonic-ring-tones...

Hope this helps a bit.

Spoiler: Show