Thread: Convert Anything To Kvcd!

What is a KVCD?

KVCD you can fit over 2 hours of video footage on 1 disc.

I saw the Movie Moderator {I}{K}{E} has made a pinned topic on all the guides to do with Movieworld. I decided to make this guide on how to convert any file such as DVD, Mpeg, Avi, DivX into a KVCD.

First of all if you wish to create DVD to KVCD then first follow this guide (ps. Obviously stop when you get to the splitting mpegs part&#33 :confused:

Complete Guide to DVD to VCD made by BC-UK

Once you have done the above or have downloaded a movie then you need to do the below.

You will need:

TmpGENC which you can download from here:

KVCD Template-I recommend 120 minutes for best quality. which you can download from here: KVCD Templates

Nero 5 (See the bottom of near the bottom of guide)

A Movie!!!

Step 1:Load up Tmpgenc

Step 2: Click on Load (PIC BELOW)

Step 3: Choose the KVCD Template you downloaded.

Step 4: Load up the video file in video input and choose where the file is going.

Step 5:If it changes to Video and Sound change it back to the top one. (PIC BELOW)

Image Resized
    [img]http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/IMC/123.GIF' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

Step 6ress Start

Step 7: Once that has finished select Mpeg tools in file

Step 8:Then Choose the following settings and click run.

Hey Presto You Just Created A KVCD!

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Now you just need to burn it.

Use Nero 5 which you can download from here: Download Nero 5.5

Image Resized
    [img]http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/IMC/nero.GIF' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

Jew to the rules I can not post the registration code but if you do a search for Nero in the catergory everything then you should find a registration code.

Step 9pen Nero and Close Wizard

Step 10: Click On Video CD and [SIZE=7][COLOR=red]UN-CHECK[SIZE=7][COLOR=red] Create Standard Complaint CD, then click new.

Image Resized
    [img]http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/IMC/PIC%203.GIF' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

Step 11:Then drag the KVCD file from the Right to the Left

Image Resized
    [img]http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/IMC/pic%204.GIF' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

Step 12:Click Burn

Step 13: Click Write

Image Resized
    [img]http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/IMC/pic%205.GIF' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

And Finally Your Done

Hope This Helps

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    muchspl2
    few comments, don't take these the wrong way
    well you cannot convert mpeg to kvcd, it has to be avi, doesn't matter what codec, but if its already mpeg, you will have to convert it to avi, then to kvcd
    also you can use any nero version, & you have to uncheck "make standard compliant cd" not check it.
    and since you are not calculating the cq and leaving it at the default value, you really aren't using all the disk space to your advantage, thats one of the reasons ACP is great, it determines the highest cq in order to utilize the complete cd
    bigger movie = better quality

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Poster
    How can I convert *.m2v to kvcd?
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by 4th gen@7 March 2004 - 21:56
    m2v is still mpeg video (mpeg2)
    Robert00000

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Originally posted by 4th gen@7 March 2004 - 16:56
    m2v is just the video part of the movie you have to take the audio (.mp2) and Multiplex (mux) them together. Also, to muchspl if it is mpeg might as well just burn it no need to go and reencode it because it will just lose more quality.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    BANNED
    On step 8 mate its better to use a non standard vcd header or standard vcd ,nero checks the res not the time,so it should burn easier.And play better on home players.