Thread: Bt 2.6.5

i have BT 2.6.5, whats the difference between putting a torrent on pause or on-hold?

EDIT: sorry, yes i mean abc 2.6.5

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster
    bt 2.6.5?
    havnet heard of that. i think u must mean abc cause that seems right

the difference is one is onhold and the other one is paused

nah it means that the onhold one will start automatically if u set it too after a download finished. the paused witll stay like that

i think

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by ABC FAQ

What is the difference between On-Hold and Pause ?
    On-hold is a temporary pause so all memories, resources which are used by that torrent still hold on the memory so when you resume, it's not have to do hash checking. but recommend only you want to temporary free your bandwidth.

Pause is for real pause, or you can say 'stop'. Torrent will release all resources and then active next torrent if necessary. if you resume, it'll do hash checking again.

Why I'm not use word 'Stop' instead of 'Pause' and use word 'Pause' instead of 'On-Hold', you may ask. Because at first, I haven't implement on-hold feature, and you know most the P2P file sharing programs, they use word 'pause' instead of 'stop'. and then users ask for real pause feature of shad0w's BT. To make sourcecode readable without changing all function name 'pause' to 'stop'. Users suggest me to use 'On-hold' for real pause.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    ok, i have found this version of abc 2.6.5 to be quite crap, i had abc 2.6.1 before i think, where i could minimize to system tray, i would be grateful if you post a link as to where i can get that version from again, please. thank you

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Version 2.6.5
    Updated, New shad0w's bittorrent core to S-5.8.11
    Changed, Made some changes to ABC that could possibly fix several crash/lockup/freeze/etc problems.
    Temporary Removed, Minimize to tray (will come back in 2.6.6)
    this is taken form the changelog so he intends to bring it back, however you can get version 2.6.1 here

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster
    if u want to minimize it to the tray just get something like minimizer xp