Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: World News, Etc.

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@9 March 2004 - 04:34
    I remember being on the thread to keep it. I also remember it should've been called The Drawing Room. Ah well.

Your "Congratulations To Us, The Opinionated" thread first appeared May 19th, 2003.

And clocker was still posting in pictures alone.

Hobbes posted about keeping the section April 19th, 2003, rather than "throwing us back into the kiddie pool [to talk about] boobies."

So maybe its birthday is coming up soon.

I thank you kindly, MN.

Now: To the search!
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    You know...upon reflection....there really isn't enough talk "about boobies" in here.

Hobbes?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral

Don't you find it funny how boobies have such bright feet? Their bodies are so dull.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    lynx's Avatar .
    Clocker posted a thread about a poll on the name change here on 22 May 2003 so it couldn't have changed it's name before that. Shame he didn't post a link to the poll, the last post in that thread would have been useful, but it seems to be gone.

So is this the first post? Clocker also refers to a missing poll here. It may have been under the old name, but it was certainly not war related so is it the name that matters or the sentiment?
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    There was, as I remember, quite a bit of preliminary yakking before we even got the mods' attention; I did some searching last night, to no avail.

What I was after (so as to properly celebrate/mark an anniversary) was the first new thread which appeared under the WN & E heading; hence the difficulty-a number of threads were, quite rightly, re-assigned to WN & E as "seed" topics-but, what was the first new thread?

Or: Can we find the precise moment that the section was established, seed threads or no?

That would probably be better, I think.

Can we search by date?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    lynx's Avatar .
    Unfortunately there appear to be some big holes in the database at about the time you are referring to, so it may be impossible to find the first post. For example the thread you started "Congratulations to us, the opinionated" had it's last post on 9 June 2003. But the actual last viewable post was made on 30 May 2003.

Topics from 10 June 2003 onwards would seem to suggest that the theme (and presumably the title) of this section had changed by then, but there are definitely some big holes about that time so I'm not too optimistic that your wish will be fulfilled by any type of search.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17

I'll muck around a bit; see what I can find.

Thanks, lynx.

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    We closed the Poll and requested the change on 3rd July 2003.

It may have been a couple of days later before the actual creation, but thats the date it became official

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@9 March 2004 - 22:44

It may have been a couple of days later before the actual creation, but thats the date it became official
    Perhaps like Her Britannic Majesty it can have two birthdays RF.

Real and Official.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@9 March 2004 - 19:44

Sounds about right to me.

I'm happy with that if everyone else is.

Of course, maybe no one else cares, either.

Thanks, Rat.

We should solicit a list of "charter" members or something; maybe add an extra bauble to our profiles to tear the rest asunder with jealousy, eh?

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast