Thread: Straight Dvd Copy

Poster
    What software can be used to make a straight .VOB copy of one DVD to a DVD-R?
    Thanks in advance for any help
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Retired
    if the original DVD is less then 5 GB you can use DVD shrink

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I havent seen one But i use DVDShrink, almost no loss in quality. Its a very good prog.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Is it almost no loss or no loss in quality?
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Not to sure (as i dont have a dvd-rw) but i think it automatically "shrinks" a dvd to fit on a dvd-r if needed

if it is not needed it will not compress it at all

(most new dvds are dvd-9 (dual layered) and can hold approx. 9 GB of data where as dvd-r's are dvd-5 and hold 4.7 GB of data)

PS if you use the re-author section you can strip out the menu and extras reducing the amount the film will have to be compressed
    There are 10 types of people in the world those who understand binary and those who dont

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    There are 10 types of people in the world those who understand binary and those who dont

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I use Clone DVD, if it is a 5GB or less it works great. Those that are above that what it does for you is lets you split it on two or three cd's. I did the Lord of the Rings and it works great. No video or quaility degradtion either.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Retired
    well I compressed LOTR TTT with 60% using DVD Shrink and the picture was still good....

but there are people that can see hugh differences