Thread: Is It Worth It?

BANNED
    Ive just installed win xp 500 meg download off kazaa and works perfect but i'm wondering if its worth upgrading to SP1 its all going so well and i'm scared if i upgrade there is more bugs!! if so how big is the file??

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    also i have heard u have to change your serial key to upgrade do u? and how?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Depends on how many updates you already have installed. The more seperate updates the smaller the SP1 file is, i have one that is 124mb, but i also have most of the critical updates aswell.
    As for actually updating i had nothing but problem after GODDAM problem after installing them so i eventually said GOODBYE to XP & went back to 98SE, i have also had problem after GODDAM problem after installing the updates for 98SE also

Best of luck

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    I did a fresh install of XP and noticed the system was a little buggy....played with it a bit and did a fresh install of 98SE....thought I would give it another test.....yep, still buggy.
    Used the 'work around' to get SP1 and wow!! what a difference....I'm kinda picky though.
    Got the rest of the updates...played with XP Pro for a few days. then made my decision..
    Sorry, I was a 98SE die-hard but, I enjoyed the new OS and donated my 98SE disk to a friend {for experimental use}
    I have enough coaster around here...lol

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    You probably have to change the key with your version before you can update to sp1, which I suggest you do. You'll need two files. One opens kinda like a tutorial and has a button to open the explorer page where you can manually change your key. The other is the one that gives you a new key. If I remember right, after wading through all the ridiculous one's that don't work, the proper one is 48kb. It's very small file, and works perfectly. Opens like a dos window, so don't get scared. Both can be found on the network. Enjoy

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Go to Google & read up. Also IEXBETA got a posted topic on it. IMHO any OS not up to date is asking for trouble.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Ynhockey's Avatar Poster
    Yes, SP 1 is definitely worth it, whichever way you look at it. It really fixes many major as well as minor bugs (such as explorer crashing when you launch it with a keybard shortcut and many more like that)... it also increases the security of your OS and such...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    File:xpfixzip.zip
    Length:133254 Bytes,130KB
    UUHash:=iLUTCJN70HJg38d1iqRdeXn3/f8=

thats what u want right there...

Its the tutorial, with keys, on how to change ur xp key, so u can update fine with windows update....