Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X Box 2

A couple of nights ago a friend of mine who thinks he knows everything with computers told me that a underground source informed him that that Microsoft had released a hardware development kit and that they had sent it off to Apple and that the X Box 2 was going to be run on Apple G4 Technoloigie. He assured me that Microsfot had confirmed it but refused to give away his source.

Why would Microsoft, back a company which is OS terma, its at war with. It's like offering you enemy some money to buy a gun with.

Mind you, myu friend is pritty stupid, he thinks all games come from Kazaa Media Destop (He thinks Kazaa Lite has Spyware and KMD doesn't ), and that they all come in .exe form .

Peerzyboy

2. Games   -   #2
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by peerzyboy@9 March 2004 - 16:47

Mind you, myu friend is pritty stupid, he thinks all games come from Kazaa Media Destop (He thinks Kazaa Lite has Spyware and KMD doesn't ), and that they all come in .exe form .

u just answered your own question

3. Games   -   #3
    I heard this murmuring about some connection with Apple for Xbox2...And also talk of the new model having no HD...everything is gonna be stored on Flash memory?!?! I think 90% is all hearsay...You gotta take all this early news with a pinch of salt.
    I got Booted from Xbox Scene Forum...Proud??...You Betcha!!

4. Games   -   #4
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    yes, i believe that the xbox2 will be ibm processed and have an ati graphics card and 256 mb of ram. also, microsoft is considering not installing hard drives on their xbox2 either. that's dumb!
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

5. Games   -   #5
    Twist3r
    wtf why would microsofts biggest compediter help them with xbox 2

6. Games   -   #6
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    You're friend is right. The software development kit for creating Xbox 2 games runs on an Apple G4 system. I heard it on the video game news show Pulse on G4TV.

And by the way, Gates owns stock in Apple too. A few years ago he helped save them from bankruptcy. Didn't you see Pirates of Silicon Valley?

7. Games   -   #7
    No HDD for Xbox Next....

Moran indicated that in the hard drive's place would be one of his company's flash memory discs, which range from 16MB for civilian use to the whopping 47GB military variety. "At some point, when users want to save their e-mail messages, copy music, or anything like that, the only storage they’ll have is what we give them," said the CEO.

More...
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

8. Games   -   #8
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    what u failed to post though was the fact of those hdd prices. the price for a 40gb flash hd is $14,000 and for the price of the 90gb flash hd is $28,000. so, there is no way in hell those will be used....
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

9. Games   -   #9
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by mr. nails@11 March 2004 - 10:10
    what u failed to post though was the fact of those hdd prices. the price for a 40gb flash hd is $14,000 and for the price of the 90gb flash hd is $28,000. so, there is no way in hell those will be used....
    Come on, give it a year for new tech to come out and they'll be cheap as chips.

I did hear the new Xbox will have dual IBM processors, 64 bit I heard also. Unconfirmed though, most of it is rumours.

10. Games   -   #10
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    ur frind is right
    XBOX 2 is under devlopment and going to be announce it in next EA game Show.
    and yeh officialy announced that there will be no HDD for xbox 2 and give few mins or hrs ill found all the news i have read in past few days about x box 2,

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast