Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something Weird...

Originally posted by Mik3ll@11 March 2004 - 10:04
    Try jumping supernodes.
    Thanks, but it doesn't alter anything. I use that function often.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    It happened again ... 16384 KB! I hope this isn't a trend.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    BANNED
    have you tried defraging yet??

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    The problem is that you simply cannot connect to that one source you have for the file. That is because the source is behind a router.

If you view the .dat file with K-Dat you'll probably see that the source has an 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x IP address. Those are internal network addresses of the source's network to which you can''t connect.

There is no solution other than finding additional sources.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Originally posted by Error403@13 March 2004 - 22:39
    The problem is that you simply cannot connect to that one source you have for the file. That is because the source is behind a router.

If you view the .dat file with K-Dat you'll probably see that the source has an 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x IP address. Those are internal network addresses of the source's network to which you can''t connect.

There is no solution other than finding additional sources.
    But there was only one source, and I managed to download 16384 KB (and why this specific file size every time? - the 'weird' part).
    Why was I able to download that amount and then have it stop?
    Isn't the firewall filter setting supposed to block these? It is checked.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    The initial contact with that source works as it should be, but Kazaa doesn't store the NAT IP of that user, but the source's internal IP instead (blame the creators of Kazaa/FastTrack). So whenever a new connection attempt is made, a wrong IP is used.

The reason why it is exactly 16384 (2^14) is because the data is send in blocks (with the size a power of 2). After sending a block the connection is dropped and has to be re-established, which doesn't work.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Originally posted by wipe709@14 March 2004 - 06:07
    It happened again ... 16384 KB! I hope this isn't a trend.
    Looks like one, doesn't it!
    I have sort of solved *some of that* problem. I read in another thread (No idea now which one sorry) about changing K-Lite&#39;s incoming port to > 32656 < in "Options > Firewall".
    The point of the whole thread was to greatly speed up incoming files, which it did for me), but an unexpected bonus was that my 4 files that had &#39;hung&#39;at 16,384kb for months&#33;&#33; resumed downloading. Two finished, two still waiting, but all of them
    did move past the initial point where they were stuck.

Try it, hopefully will work for you too.
    Lysdexic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12