Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Is It Worth It On My New Computer

  1. #1
    I'm getting a Pentium 4 3.2Ghz but what I wanna know is it worth it to open the wallet a little wider and get a P4 Prescott?

  2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Lick My Lovepump
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    15
    Posts
    2,698
    Open the wallet a little wider? Prescotts are about the same if not cheaper than Northwoods.

    Northwoods are currently better though, becase of Prescott heat issues etc.

  3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,833
    Yes, they are cheaper I believe, but the only speed out is 2.8Ghz. It is not better then the northwood, and runs hotter due to the massive cache. I would wait untill they start to release more prescotts at faster speeds....3.6Ghz, 3.8Ghz and then buy those
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

  4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Lick My Lovepump
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    15
    Posts
    2,698
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@10 March 2004 - 14:21
    Yes, they are cheaper I believe, but the only speed out is 2.8Ghz. It is not better then the northwood, and runs hotter due to the massive cache. I would wait untill they start to release more prescotts at faster speeds....3.6Ghz, 3.8Ghz and then buy those
    The heat problems with Prescotts are preventing anything higher than 2.8 right now, but 3.0 and 3.2 Ghz processors are due out later this month.

    Northwoods are currently pretty much the way to go anyway.

  5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Except for the fact that I found a website that I planned on ordering the 3.2GHZ Prescott from right now.

  6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Lick My Lovepump
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    15
    Posts
    2,698
    Originally posted by hi_what_is_up!@10 March 2004 - 19:06
    Except for the fact that I found a website that I planned on ordering the 3.2GHZ Prescott from right now.
    You will get it late March.

    They are as yet unreleased because of heat issues

  7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    24,069
    Originally posted by Mad Cat+10 March 2004 - 14:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mad Cat @ 10 March 2004 - 14:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hi_what_is_up&#33;@10 March 2004 - 19:06
    Except for the fact that I found a website that I planned on ordering the 3.2GHZ Prescott from right now.
    You will get it late March.

    They are as yet unreleased because of heat issues [/b][/quote]
    agreed and i still wouldnt even get it right away because there still may be some problems with the 3.2ghx and higher models.

  8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Ya I figured I wouldn&#39;t get it right away because its on "back order" but I decided against that anyway because I don&#39;t have enough money and Im just gonna get the case with 7 fans and overclock the shite out of my old P4 2.4c until it dies and by then I should have more money for a new processor.

  9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Lick My Lovepump
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    15
    Posts
    2,698
    Originally posted by hi_what_is_up&#33;@11 March 2004 - 23:57
    Ya I figured I wouldn&#39;t get it right away because its on "back order" but I decided against that anyway because I don&#39;t have enough money and Im just gonna get the case with 7 fans and overclock the shite out of my old P4 2.4c until it dies and by then I should have more money for a new processor.
    Mate, a 2.4C can handle any game today. Like you said, if you really need to, overclock it.


    I still gamed on my way old 1.4 Ghz AMD Athlon (before PR ratings).

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •