Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kazaa Lite Crashing Problems Solved

I've been encountering a lot of crashing with the latest K-Lite and I've been reading the boards a bit and it seems like a few others have as well. Well, I've figured out the problem. The thing that's causing all the trouble is the built in "speedup" clone, "Kazap". You need to pause this guy if you're crashing a lot, I assume this would only happen if you're downloading and/or sharing a lot of files.

I tested my theory, I could only run the program for about 4 minutes then it would crash (Yes, I literally timed it) and with KaZap paused (or "turned off") it hasnt crashed since.

I havent tried using the original Speedup, anyone is willing to continue my research...I might get around to it tommorow, who knows.

Anyways, try it and tell me if it works and especially if it doesnt work for you.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    My theory is, forgeting to stop autosearch, while previewing files or if you use the my Kazaa lite tab. I havn't had many crashes myself, but I think that's what is causing it when I do. I get pretty long delays befor kazaa responds to a click... after search has found thousands of sources and keeps looking. even stopping the search is a problem then.

kaZap is disabled if your not in traffic view.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Good idea. I think we can basically say that the in-system features (KaZap and Auto Find More...) are causing some problems if we leave them on forever and/or with a lot of downloads.

I'm trying just plain Speedup and I'll have the results in about 4 minutes.

EDIT:

Results

Absolutely no crashes with Speedup. So the only victim can be Kazap. Whether "Auto Search More" and leaving it on and/or using it with a lot of downloads crashes your system as well, I do not know. If someone wants to test it out, go ahead; but I believe the only thing that's crashing Kazaa Lite is KaZap.

Solution: Never use KaZap. Put it on pause and use Speedup instead if you need to.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Not having any problems with KaZap myself, I have to disagree.

another possibility is not uninstalling Kazaa before updating. that might cause conflicts with Kazap. I remember one of the old napster updates having lot's of complaints by people who didn't uninstall the old version first.

that theory has to be tested by someone else because I uninstalled the old version first.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Thanks for the tip: I was just about to post my similar problem(s). I just turned off Kazaa Speedup and we will see what happens. My apoligies to anyone whose uploads from me was interupted as kazza crashed on my system.

Thanks Again!!

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    I have NEVER had kazaa crash at all and I use kazap AND auto searchmore
    but I never use the kazaa player so could maybe combining these features cause the problem

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    or you could solve it by not using Kazaa Lite at all
    Overnet Lite 0.53

Free hosting for P2P clients - PM me

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    screw you man why are you going aruond these forums bashing kazaa lite if you don't like it leave.
    does your daddy work for sherman or something?

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    lol...

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by Master YodaX@8 March 2003 - 21:27
    I have NEVER had kazaa crash at all and I use kazap AND auto searchmore
    but I never use the kazaa player so could maybe combining these features cause the problem
    I havnt got a crash either.

Only once when I previewed a film with Avi prewiew.
    Wonder why it crashed then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast