Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Need Cpu Help Within 18hours!

are there things you can get that bid for you at the last second? its english pounds btw not usd.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    What do you think the most i should pay for this is? remember it in not guarantied and no returns.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Imho $30USD is what I'd risk. Here in the states you can get a 2500barton retail (I know not 2600) for $80USD s&h incld.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    lynx's Avatar .
    I think the secret is to leave your bid as late as you can. If you bid early you are simply pushing the price up. Work out what you are willing to pay, and let ebay do the automatic bidding for you.

For this to be successful you really do need to bid late, otherwise someone else's auto bid will work against you, and force the price up as I said earlier.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    it's up to 20 pounds now. doesn't sound like a good risk to me at all, for that price, for a used cpu and no warranty. even if the seller were to claim that it's in working condition, i'd still be wary of it, personally.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    Poster
    Originally posted by lynx@11 March 2004 - 03:15
    I think the secret is to leave your bid as late as you can. If you bid early you are simply pushing the price up. Work out what you are willing to pay, and let ebay do the automatic bidding for you.

For this to be successful you really do need to bid late, otherwise someone else's auto bid will work against you, and force the price up as I said earlier.
    Boy I wish more people on Ebay would realize that.I hate to bid on anything before the last 20 hours or so.I usually just track things that look interesting and then bid in the last few hours.
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    512mb OCZ DDR333 (2,3,3,7)
    Samsung SP8004h 80gig harddrive
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234