Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need Cpu Help Within 18hours!

hi, while searching through ebay for a amd athlon xp with the speeds about 2500 with the intention to oc i found THIS i currently havea 1.66 duron so i will tell the difference, but im wondering if this looks fake. cause he sed no returns. I dont mind paying the money really just want to know, iv been looking for an upgrade for a whikle and this seems to good to be true. i know the 2500 is ocable is the 2600 here?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    first of all: this guy SUCKS with his grammar

second: i never knew that there were 2600 bartons... i think its just a regular 2600+...

this means that if its not the barton core: its OC ability prolly sucks balls

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by atiVidia@10 March 2004 - 18:01
    first of all: this guy SUCKS with his grammar

second: i never knew that there were 2600 bartons... i think its just a regular 2600+...

this means that if its not the barton core: its OC ability prolly sucks balls
    I've got a 2600+ and its a damn good chip.

For a fiver, how the hell can you go wrong??

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    *Grunt*
    The 2600+ is overclockable as this is directly above the 2500 barton. It look fairley genuine if someone is trying to pull a bunk they will not say that it is been used they will say it is retail boxed and unused. It shouldnt have that much of a lesser life, and if it is bust then whats £5 between freinds.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    It doesn't look like a barton as the chip die is green, not brown
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    *Grunt*
    all the barton means is the replaced core and 333mhz bus speed. anything thats new and 2500 up will have the barton.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by Neo 721@10 March 2004 - 17:11
    all the barton means is 333mhz bus speed. anything thats new and 2500 up will have the barton.
    The barton core doesn't necessarily just mean 333Mhz or higher FSB. I have a thoroughbred 2700+ (with 333Mhz fsb).

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Lick My Lovepump
    2500+, 3000+ and 3200+ are ALL Barton. Chips that are rated 2600+, 2700+ etc are Thoroughbread core, which have the 256k cash I believe, where the Barton has 512k.

I know the 2600+ and probably above have 333FSB.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by Mad Cat@10 March 2004 - 17:16
    2500+, 3000+ and 3200+ are ALL Barton. Chips that are rated 2600+, 2700+ etc are Thoroughbread core, which have the 256k cash I believe, where the Barton has 512k.

I know the 2600+ and probably above have 333FSB.
    Not so, you can actually get 2600 barton cores. Check my link above

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast